Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious question - Has anyone ever used Publisher to full satisfaction?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
robert.ruhe
978 Views, 4 Replies

Serious question - Has anyone ever used Publisher to full satisfaction?

I'm not being flippant. But my experience with this software's different version and using it on different computers has been nothing short of excruciating. I am not a simpleton either. I understand how to use the software. But I find that it simply does not operate the way I expect. And what I expect is that it works -that it doesn't crash constantly and that it doesn't refuse to export SVGs with unknown errors and that it inserts models without issue. I have never experienced such difficulty with a software package as I have with Publisher. It's become a joke in our office that it's simply impossible to work with. But the joke is on us because we've spent one hell of a lot of money on something that simply doesn't work the way it should. 

So that's my experience - and I'm curious, how many others feel similarly? I've all but abandoned use of Publisher and instead do everything I need in Autodesk Inventor. That software works like a DREAM. It's quick and beautiful and amazing. But Inventor Publisher is, in my opinion, a waste of my time, effort, and our company's money.  Anyone else feel the same way? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Dan_Margulius
in reply to: robert.ruhe

Hi,
I understand your pain but
Publisher is not meant for big assemblies. Too bad that AD is not taking it serious
Dan
Message 3 of 5
tylern

i use inventor publisher on a daily basis, its got one hell of a learning curve for sure, but with the 1000+ part assemblies we do i have had no problem working around the layout, 

i do have some complaints about it, but for the most part, it does exactly what its supposed to, publishes finished designs to web, mobile, or PDF file. 

publishing to mobile is difficult, as if you have an unsupported file in the mobile folder your App will crash, 

just keep at er, its great for showing off files while at lunch with the VP cause u just happen to have your Iphone with IPM viewer on it. 

Message 4 of 5
cts2013
in reply to: Dan_Margulius

Autodesk should make it clear that AD recognises that it can't support large assemblies. Before I had confirmation in an email from AD, I thought it was my hardware or my designers at fault (constructing poor models). As a result, we wasted £2500 on a new pc and countless hours shrinkwrapping models. This is a poor product - AD and their resellers should not be actively selling it to existing customers when they know that we use large models.
- - - > Publisher 2016 running on: - - -

Intel Core i7 3770k @ 3.5Ghz
Quadro K4000
16GB RAM
Intel SSD
Win10 64bit
Message 5 of 5
TonGalina

I am new to this program, but I didn't find any positive reaction of Inventor Publisher. If it is so bad can you get your money back??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report