Hi, I am on Publisher 2013 / Windows 7. Whenever I try a Section Three Quarter view, it sections all components rather than just the components I have selected.
The section tool will cut through all visibile objects. If you need to show a cut through a specific part of the assembly, turn off all other components first.
OK, cheers Timera.
Why has it been changed to work this way? Having to turn off all components, other than the ones needing the section work, is an odd update.
So it looks like my previous post may have not been 100% on point this time (it happens to the best of us )
I'm collaborating with one of our developers to get the whole story and will get back to you asap.
Thanks for your patience!
Ok, here's the workflow you're looking for - once I dug in it's pretty simple and works great
1. Create the 3/4 section view
2. Now, in the canvas browser right-click on the section group of this section view and select "Redefine components"
3. This will let you redefine which components you want in the section
- Ctrl select each component
- Window select components
- These components are then represented in the browser and you can manually control what you want sectioned in there as well
4. And you now have a selective section view
Right click on the section group and now you see a new entry called "all components". Anytime you choose to section all components hit this and you are set.
Hope this helps,
Nice one, Timera. Nice little tool that.
Just for future reference for anyone; you can add components to the Section Group by selecting Redefine, Ctrl-clicking Components and then Ctrl-clicking any additional components.
I only add this as it had me initially confused.
Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.