Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save problem

40 REPLIES 40
Message 1 of 41
bowen192
1974 Views, 40 Replies

Save problem

I am getting the following when I try to save certain models:

Shortly after the program crashes and  I lose my work.

I am also getting the same message, more or less, when I try to open some files, but only some of the time.

40 REPLIES 40
Message 21 of 41
miQlo
in reply to: LeoWan

That dialog appears with other Autodesk products I've installed but not with Publisher.

Message 22 of 41
bowen192
in reply to: miQlo

Vault seems to have corrupted most of my Publisher files now.

I have only a handful I can open and it's getting to the point where I'm just going to have to resign to the fact that I've lost all my work and ditch Publisher.

Message 23 of 41
bowen192
in reply to: bowen192

All gone quiet in here again I see.

Do Autodesk see a future with Publisher, or is it being phased out already?

Message 24 of 41
peggy.wang

Hello,

I can also reproduce the save problem with undo delete a snapshot, and save. But I am not sure whether it is the same problem of original reporter described.  The saving problem is on the tracking now.

Thank you for provide the feedback in Newsgroup.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 25 of 41
TheDocGuy

I'm with Bowen192 on this. This save issue & the unexpected crashes without recovery have caused plenty of grief on my end. These two issue alone will completely stops user in their track. The error reporting is "useless" (my option only) as can I honestly say never had a reply back on any that I have sent when this window pops up. And give the comment from developer in the 1st page of this thread not being able to see peoples fault with what the error report picked up speaks volume to its intended use. Reverting back to Powerpoint + snapshot to produce instructions is more productive in my case. But when it does work its very good. Next SPx got to be soon right???

Message 26 of 41
LeoWan
in reply to: TheDocGuy

Hi, 

The issue is on tracking.

When you save ipb file, Publisher save the older version as [filename].XXX.ipb under the folder "OldVersion" at the same path that you save your files.

I would suggest you to save your work frequently. And if you meet the save problem unfortunately, you can restore the recent old file version to minimize the lost.

Message 27 of 41
TheDocGuy

Saving frequently is benificial if you actually can save. You can not save if it won't let you to save. Once you get that pop-up warning as shown in the very first post, when reopen the file you are back to the state it was before any changes- meaning you have lost every change since the last sucessfull save. Heart breaking when you got a project sitting at 90% completion and getting that warning every time you make further changes then attempt to save it. Luckly I do save often to give the best restaring point possible. Will reverting to the old file for projects affected & see how this go.

Message 28 of 41
TheDocGuy

Sorry to report but retriving the last saved file from the "OldVersions", after a small edit & pressing save= get same error popup. so as it stand:

Open old version (save not allowed) = Only for viewing, no saving

Restore old version to current version= Error warning, Can not save

Open current version= Error waning, Can not save

So basically this particular file is now stalled as is unfinished. Something has corrupted!! Option- start all over again or use another program Smiley Frustrated

Message 29 of 41
bowen192

@TheDocGuy wrote:

Sorry to report but retriving the last saved file from the "OldVersions", after a small edit & pressing save= get same error popup. so as it stand:

Open old version (save not allowed) = Only for viewing, no saving

Restore old version to current version= Error warning, Can not save

Open current version= Error waning, Can not save

So basically this particular file is now stalled as is unfinished. Something has corrupted!! Option- start all over again or use another program Smiley Frustrated

EXACTLY this.

It doesn't matter if you save every second, the file is corrupted.  I must have about 10 files all like this.  It's ridiculously embarrassing when someone asks me for some old work and I can't show them because the file is corrupt.

As for saving.  Half the time this causes the crash in the first place.

Tags (3)
Message 30 of 41
iasv

Having the same problem. I had to start from scratch and redo the files...

...Did not have time to wait for a solution...

Message 31 of 41
LeoWan
in reply to: iasv

Hi ,

Sorry to see that problem bothering you. Would you mind share your files with us for investigation?

And it would be helpful to also provide your environment information like Publisher version,Machine configuration(OS ,CPU,Graphic Card, RAM).

Regards,

Leo

Message 32 of 41
bowen192
in reply to: LeoWan

Can you pm me a link to upload to?

Thanks

Message 33 of 41
LeoWan

Please leave a email address, I will send you a invitation which can upload large attachment.

Message 34 of 41
iasv

Hi,
The files that were making problems for me is gone. I deleted them...in anger. I had to create new files. Haven't had that problem again...

But I'm still having problem to publish to jpg. It does look like that not the entire image is worked through. The picture is often "split" in to 4 parts, look at the attached pictures. The picturesthats starts with Publ 13-01-24... is exactly the same file, no changes, and different outputs.
This is happening almost every time I publish, I always publish into jpg. It happens more often when I have added labels and callouts.

? Screenshot.jpg

? Publ 13-01-24 0918.jpg - 1st publication

? Publ 13-01-24 0941.jpg - 2nd publication without any changes

? Svets - Mittsektion Typ E - 0 (Med komentarer) (2).jpg - with comments

Med v?nlig h?lsning/Best Regards
Ia Svensson

ia.svensson@tiab.com
Phone +46 (0)431-44 25 94 (office)
Phone +46 (0)706 94 25 94 (mobile)

[Beskrivning: TIABliten1]

Trailer Industrier i ?sele AB
Hammargatan 4
262 71 ?ngelholm
www.tiab.com

T?nk p? milj?n innan du skriver ut detta mail!

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.
Message 35 of 41
miQlo

iasv,

I also had the problem with images splitting into multiple parts. This was pretty much resolved with a fix I've got from the Publisher team. There are still some signs of the image splitting but there barely visible. Frank Zhou (Frank.Zhou@autodesk.com) knows more about this.

Message 36 of 41
iasv

Thanks alot miQlo! I think Frank did solve my problem! After the fix I haven't had any problems to publish...so far... 🙂

Med v?nlig h?lsning/Best Regards
Ia Svensson
Message 37 of 41
miQlo

Varsågod 😉

Message 38 of 41
LeoWan

It's good to know your problem is solved.

Regards,
Leo
Message 39 of 41
Timmy_Stalnacke

Now i have the same problem!
the same file that have update problems after renaming the files!

I would really liked Publisher if it would work better...
I cross my finger that it will be a big change on the 2014 version, if there is one!

Best regards

Timmy Stålnacke

Message 40 of 41

I guess not but is there some kind of repair tool for publisher files?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report