Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Representations

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
bowen192
1085 Views, 9 Replies

Representations

Just a quick one; will representations ever be included as a feature in Publisher?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
peggy.wang
in reply to: bowen192

Representation contains View, Position, and LOD.

Currently, Publisher only support insert different LOD, not support View and Position.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 10
bowen192
in reply to: peggy.wang

But will it in the future?

At the moment I have to import another model saveed in a different representation.

Not only does this slow everything down, it prevents a smooth transaction between snapshots.

Message 4 of 10
peggy.wang

Why do you import another model in different representation? Import too much models will slow down publisher.

Here are my tips:

0, for example, there is an assembly with defferent View and position and LOD. Publisher can only support different LOD, differect LOD will affect the Part List result.

1, insert the model.

2, create another snapshot from ribbon, if we want to show the different position, please select some componens, and move(rotate it). see attached image.

3, create another snapshot, rotate the whole model to some angle that same with your Inventor design view, and invisible some parts in browser, that will make component invisible in this snapshot, but visible in other snapshots.

4, if you want some snapshot keep the same view of another snapshot, for example, In snaphot 1.2, that is a good view, in snapshot 1.3, you want the same view port, please double click on snapshot 1.3 to active it, and right click on 1.2, choose Extract camera, snapshot 1.3 will keep the same view. Please see attached image for your reference.

Hope this helps.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 10
peggy.wang

attach the image.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 10
bowen192

Thanks, Peggy.

Unfortunately, what you describe only changes the camera angle.

When in Inventor we have 2 representations of the product we produce.  The representation is based on the position of various parts.

If I want to illustrate the 2nd representation I have to move 100 odd parts.  Of these parts, at least a third are moved at a set angle away from a cylinder.  To do this takes a ridiculous amount of time.  If I import the same product in a different representation, I reduce my workload by about a 9/10ths.

So, will we ever get representations?!

Message 7 of 10
peggy.wang

I have got your requirement, and will report this to the PD. Thank you for the feedback.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 10
peggy.wang

Nov-6181 is tracking this issue.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 10
sstjacque

I agree with you bowen192, Peggy's suggestion is tedious and slow. I'm in the same situation. I found that easiest solution is to just click on the red and white arrow in the upper right corner and close Publisher all together. Then open Inventor, along with Snag-it and Word. The positional views are all right there and ready to grab and paste. So much easier.

Steve

Message 10 of 10
peggy.wang

Hello Steve,

You suggestion is counted, and i have added your comments into issue Nov-6181, It is a wishlist to support Non-master Position Represition import from Inventor.

Peggy

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report