Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing a Publisher document

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RussCan
599 Views, 2 Replies

Publishing a Publisher document

I have a document developed into an assembly work instruction. I have made it so photos of the tools appear as needed, along with annotations that warn personnel of critical engineering requirements. The images of the components currently propagate as they would during the assembly.

I have tried publishing this in (AVI, Powerpoint and PDF) formats and my images are jumbled together and will not propagate the components. I have done everything found in help but I am sure I must be missing something.

I want my published document to look exactly as it is shown in Publisher.

Thank you.

RussCan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jon.Balgley
in reply to: RussCan

Hi, sorry for the long delay in responding.

I am not sure what you mean by "images are jumbled together" and "will not propagate the components".  Here are some guesses:

Sometimes prior to Publisher "2011" it was difficult to get "what you see is what you get" behavior, and instead, annotations were placed at the "relative" screen location and scaled to be readable ... which was more often than not the wrong behavior and the result was "labels were jumbled".  However, I don't think this applies to images.  But perhaps this is what you are seeing.  The behavior is better in Publisher 2011 and also "2011 R1" compared to earlier releases.

Another issue is that images (and labels, callouts, etc) are positioned globally.  That means that a change to their position in one snapshot will affect all other snapshots.  This is different from most other properties of all objects.  Remember that images/labels/etc are positioned in 3D space, so merely changing the camera view does not "really" change the position of the image in 3D space.  We are reconsidering this for a future release, no need to tell us that you don't like the current behavior!

Jon Balgley
Message 3 of 3
RussCan
in reply to: RussCan

Thanks, I figured out my pixel setting was incorrect. Duh.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report