Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publisher not working well with Vault Pro 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dherman469
518 Views, 3 Replies

Publisher not working well with Vault Pro 2013

Hello,

I have a Publisher file in 2013.  I have checked in that file into Vault Pro 2013.  Something very strange is happening.  When someone else downloads the file from Vault and opens the document, they don't have the option to check out the document.  In fact, the Vault ribbon shows that they have the option to check in the file even though they don't actually have the file checked out of Vault.  Also, Publisher shows the update button next to the assembly file.  Both the other user and me have the exact same 3D models on our local workspaces.  However, I can check out and check in the file and everything works as it should.  But other users can't check out the file and Publisher keeps saying that an update is needed.  Any idea what is happening here?  We really need to have multiple people able to work on the same file, which is usually very easy to do with Vault. 

Daniel Hermanson

Spraying Systems Co.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dherman469
in reply to: dherman469

Hello,

Has anyone had a chance to look into this issue?  My guess is that Publisher is not as tightly integrated with Vault like Inventor or AutoCAD is.  However, I hope that Publisher is integrated enough for multiple people to check out and check in a Publisher document. 

While I'm on the subject, are there plans to further integrate Publisher into Vault?  For example, the Uses and Where Used tabs don't really work for Publisher documents, nor does a Copy Design include a Publisher document.  I would personally find that functionality to be very useful. 

Daniel Hermanson

Spraying Systems Co.

Message 3 of 4
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: dherman469

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your posts. I have noted down all your points and have forwarded to the concern people to take a look at them.

Thanks again!

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 4 of 4
dherman469
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Hello,

I think I may have found the solution.  Even though I was logged into Vault, I still needed to map my Publisher folder to my local Vault workspace.  By default, the folder is mapped to my windows user folder.  Everyone who wants to use Publisher with their company Vault will need to change the mapping to their local Vault workspace in order to check in and check out the same file.  I did that on two other computers, and it seems to be working correctly now. 

Daniel Hermanson

Spraying Systems Co.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report