Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publisher Keeps crashing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
hole423
1254 Views, 6 Replies

Publisher Keeps crashing

Ever Since I updated to Inventor Publisher 2011 R1 th eprogram crashes everytime    Imouse over to the cube.  The cube is missing the labels as seen in the attached screen shot.  

I am running a Dell Precision M6500 with Win7 32Bit Core i7-620M with a NV Quadro 3800M graphics card.  I have 4 GB of Ram and 1 GB VRAM.  Is there a hotfix or a special graphics driver I need to fix this issue?  It seems to be a graphics issue and I have tried several driver sets with no luck.  I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the program twice. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mccoym
in reply to: hole423

Hello,

I would like to send you a diagnostic tool to run on your machine which will produce a log file that contains the graphics specs for your machine. Could you please email me at manjiri.mccoy@autodesk.com and tell me theif OS on your machine is 32 bit or 64-bit?

Thanks,

Manjiri McCoy

Software Developer

Autodesk Publisher

Message 3 of 7
mccoym

Hi,

I could not send the attachment to your email, so here it is:

Please extract the AdskDiagOutput utility from the attached zip file.

Open a command window and navigate to the folder where you extracted the utility.  Type :

AdskDiagOutput f> out.txt

The utility will run and generate the out.txt file. Please send me this file so I can examine it and pass it off to our graphics experts if necessary.

Thanks!

Manjiri

Message 4 of 7
svelez

Hello,

Unfortunately, this seems to be a new issue, and since your hardware passes minimum requirements with flying colors, the next thing to do is to make sure the code with the missing images is locatable by the software.

In your installation directory(something like C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor Publisher 2011 R1), check to make sure that there is a sub-directory named en-us, and in that directory, a file named AutoCamRes.dll.  If that file is present, then maybe we are misinterpreting your machine locale.  Might you be using a non-american-english version of windows, or have the regional settings changed from the default ( If you don't know, its likely that everything is OK).

Thanks,

Steven

Message 5 of 7
hole423

Here is a snapshot of that folder.  I do not have that file you mentioned. 

Message 6 of 7
hole423

I found a copy of the file in the expanded setup files from when I installed the application.  I added to folder you listed and it seems to have fixed the problem. 

Message 7 of 7
mccoym

Glad to hear that your problem is resolved. I will pass on this information to our installer team.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report