Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publisher 2013 Word Add-in Error

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
CadlineSupport
2379 Views, 28 Replies

Publisher 2013 Word Add-in Error

Hi,

Publisher 2013 SP2 when I click to link to an IPB file from inside Word 2010 I receive the following error: 'Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation' Following this nothing happens (the link is not created). I have tried a repair and reinstall of Publisher with no success. Can anyone advise please? Many thanks

28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29

Hi!

Now i have more problems with word.
After Publisher crashed the word publisher tab is gone inside word.
i tried to activate the Word add-in, but it just say "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor Publisher 2013\Autodesk.Catalyst.Novastar.PlugIns.WordAddin2013.dll is not a valid office addin".
I have done this procedure before. but now it dosen´t work!
so now i cant update my word file.

Is it possible to download the word-addin?

Thanks in advance.
Timmy

Message 22 of 29

Hello Timmy,

Please try my workflow.

1, go to control panel > installed features, uninstall word addin

2, go to the Publisher folder, for example: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor Publisher 2013\ and find the file "Autodesk.Catalyst.Novastar.PlugIns.WordAddin2013.vsto", double click it. It will install the word addin.

see my attached imaged for your reference

if you fail to install word addin in the second step, the only method is to uninstall publisher and reinstall it, the word addin will be installed again automatically

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 23 of 29

Yes!

It worked!

Thanks.

Message 24 of 29
LeoWan
in reply to: Timmy_Stalnacke

On Win 7, Open Control Panel, open  Programs \ Programs and Features, click View Installed Updates, you will see SP2 , uninstall it.

On Windows XP, Open Control Panel, open Add or Remove Programs, click Show Updates, find SP2, uninstall it. 

Message 25 of 29
mjaroonwit
in reply to: LeoWan

Hi,

After updating to SP3, everytime i click "Link" or "Browse" in the Inventor Publisher Word Add-in, it crashes my word document. A browsing window appears before the word document will show an error and stop working. It occurs solely when i click these buttons. Thanks for any help regard this issue.

Tags (3)
Message 26 of 29
irene.chen
in reply to: mjaroonwit

Hi,

Could you reinstall the word add-in according to the steps peggy mentioned above to see if it works? if it still doesn't work after reinstall, please let me know.

Thanks

Irene Chen

Message 27 of 29

Hi!

Now the Publisher word addin dissapear again, this time in R1.
and i tried the steps you provided earlier.
but this time it dosen't work
after uninstalling addin in Program features i install it from the publisher folder.
I dont get any error massenger but i dont have the addin in menu.

Do i really have to re-install Publisher?

Message 28 of 29
cts2013

Double clicking "Autodesk.Catalyst.Novastar.PlugIns.WordAddin2013R1" gives me this:

word publisher error.png

This is the second time in less than two weeks. The first time it happened, I un-installed, re-installed Publisher and it was ok. If Publisher wasn't so slow and unstable, I might have time to spare to un-install/ re-install every week but I don't. I am running Office 2010.

Please advise.

cts2013

- - - > Publisher 2016 running on: - - -

Intel Core i7 3770k @ 3.5Ghz
Quadro K4000
16GB RAM
Intel SSD
Win10 64bit
Message 29 of 29
cts2013

Ok - worked it out:

1. Goto C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0
  2. Delete all contents (it contains simliar entries to what you'd find in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor Publisher 2013 R1)
  3. Goto C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor Publisher 2013 R1
  4. Find Autodesk.Catalyst.Novastar.PlugIns.WordAddin2013R1 and double click it

You should get this:

word publisher reintall addin.png

Restart Word 2010 Smiley Very Happy

Let's see how long it lasts!

- - - > Publisher 2016 running on: - - -

Intel Core i7 3770k @ 3.5Ghz
Quadro K4000
16GB RAM
Intel SSD
Win10 64bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report