Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publisher 2013 - Ribbon Appears on 2nd Monitor

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
ben.toms
1006 Views, 14 Replies

Publisher 2013 - Ribbon Appears on 2nd Monitor

Hi,

I've just installed Publisher 2013 running a dual monitor setup (Nvidia Geforce GTS450 with 296.10 driver) and for some strange reason the ribbon appears on the 2nd monitor, while the application is running on the 1st monitor. Does anyone know how to rectify this please?

My current workaround simply involves dragging each part of the ribbon back onto the 1st monitor so that it is no longer parked in the normal position.

Thanks in advance

Ben  

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Hello Ben,

Right click on the ribbon and select reset ribbon. Does this solve your issue?

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 15

Hi Rajkumar,

Unfortunately not. I tried it and it just sets it back to the 2nd monitor.

Regards

Ben

Message 4 of 15
bowen192
in reply to: ben.toms

@ben.toms wrote:

Hi,

I've just installed Publisher 2013 running a dual monitor setup (Nvidia Geforce GTS450 with 296.10 driver) and for some strange reason the ribbon appears on the 2nd monitor, while the application is running on the 1st monitor. Does anyone know how to rectify this please?

My current workaround simply involves dragging each part of the ribbon back onto the 1st monitor so that it is no longer parked in the normal position.

Thanks in advance

Ben  

I am having this problem too.
Message 5 of 15
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: bowen192

Thank you both for letting us know of this issue. We are working to resolve it in a timely manner.

Thank you,

Timera

Message 6 of 15

I have the issue too

Message 7 of 15
dherman469
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

Hello,

I just installed Publisher 2013 and I am also having this problem.  I found a work around that works pretty well.  Don't maximize the program window on the monitor 1.  Instead, simply stretch the program out so that it mostly covers the whole monitor 1.  The ribbon tends to stay in the proper place when it is not maximized. 

Daniel Hermanson

Spraying Systems Co.

Message 8 of 15
kwilson_design
in reply to: dherman469

Hello, We also installed all of our 2013 products and noticed this same thing happening on Publisher as well as Fusion 2013. It would be nice if we could have the option to dock the ribbons or leave it 'floating' for the other monitor. We are running a minimum of 2 monitors on user machines. Thanks for looking into this!
Regards,
Kenny
If this post solved your issue please mark "Accept as Solution". It helps everyone...really!
Message 9 of 15

Any update on this?  I have several clients with this issue.  With a great number of Inventor users using a dual monitor setup, here's to hoping a fix is seriously being looked into.

Message 10 of 15
TimeraAutodesk

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your post. Yes, we are *actually* working on a solution for this, rest assured. In the meantime, the simple workaround that Daniel provided in this thread works well. Simply refrain from maximizing the Publisher window in the 2nd monitor, and stretch the window to meet your monitor size instead. This keeps the ribbon and all of it's components in place.

Happy Publishing,

Timera

Autodesk

Message 11 of 15

Awesome!  Thanks for the response Timera!

Message 12 of 15
ben.toms

Hi Timera,

Thank you for the workaround, we will use this solution from now on.

Kind regards

Ben

Message 13 of 15
TimeraAutodesk

Hi All,

This is one of the fixes that are a part of the Service Pack 2 that we announced yesterday. Be sure to download it here to experience all of the benefits.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20162424&linkID=14856948

Happy Publishing,

Timera

Message 14 of 15

Thanks so much Timera!

Message 15 of 15

Hi Timera,

Many thanks for keeping us updated throughout. I will get the service pack loaded and get to work!

Kind regards

Ben

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report