Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publisher 2013 Locking up

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
dherman469
1971 Views, 10 Replies

Publisher 2013 Locking up

Hello,

There have been a couple people in my company, myself included, who complain that Publisher will lock up for no apparent reason.  We then have to do a Ctrl--Alt---Del to go to the task manager and force the program closed.  It seems to happen if the program is left to idle for a while, such as if I leave my desk for 10 minutes or so.  When I come back, the program is locked.  Has anyone else experienced this?  It happened to me in both 2012 and 2013. 

Daniel Hermanson

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
SveinE
in reply to: dherman469

Hi

Same Issues her, found any solution?

br

Svein

Message 3 of 11
rich-s
in reply to: SveinE

I've been having this issue big time in the past week on 2013. Either it locks up or in crashs.

I updated to SP2 after the first crash but that didn't help.

Dell T7500

Dual Quad Core Xeon 2.4GHz

12GB

Nvidia Quadro FX 1800 (dr. version 297.03)

Windows 7, 64-bit

Message 4 of 11
rich-s
in reply to: rich-s

I've been working over the corse of the past 2 hours to get one storyboard setup with no sucess. It crashed at least 30 times within that time. Sometimes I'll get a few snapshots done but if I don't save between each one, i loss it. Sometimes all i'll do is reopen the file, activate a snapshot and it crashes.

Only a few times have I gotten this error message;

Microsoft Visuall C++ Runtime Libr...

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Fi...

R6025

- pure virtual function call

Anyone have any suggestions?

Tags (2)
Message 5 of 11
rich-s

Well off and running with the same issues. Here's a few things I've tried this monring;

1. Repair

2. Changed video driver from 297.03 to 276.42

Neither of these seemed to have helped. I also wanted to note that I do have Publisher 2012 still installed.

I'm hoping that somebody has a solution for this.

Message 6 of 11
TimeraAutodesk

Is this only happening with 1 file in particular, or are you seeing this error with a variety of files?

Timera

Message 7 of 11
dherman469
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

Hello,

For me, the lock up can happen with any file.  It doesn't matter if it's old publisher files or brand new ones. 

Daniel Hermanson

Message 8 of 11
irene.chen

Thanks for your feedback, I also can reproduce this issue, it has been logged to our issue tracking system and the developer team is look at it.

Irene Chen

Inventor Publisher team

Autodesk,Inc

Message 9 of 11
rich-s

I finally got Inventor Ultimate 2013 & Publisher 2013 reinstalled. When I opened an existing Publisher file, I didn’t have any issues. When I opened the file that I had been having issues with then it crashed right away. The other file I had opened I was creating new views, turning parts on/off, changing the styles and exporting images without issues.

What I’m thinking now is that there is something wrong with the assembly file I’m using. I don’t get any errors in Inventor however when I use Design Assistant, I do get some OLE link warnings.

I’m curious if that could be what is causing Publisher to constantly crash.

Message 10 of 11
irene.chen

Could you please share the file to us for more investigation?

Irene Chen (Irene.chen@autodesk.com)

Inventor Publisher QA

Message 11 of 11
sstjacque
in reply to: irene.chen

I downloaded and started using a trial version 2 days ago. I like the features of the software, however, just like others in this post, it locks up constantly if left idle. Please let me know if there are any developements in this issue. As it is right now, I don't think that I will be recommending that my employer purchase this software..

Steve St. Jacque

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report