Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publisher 2013 crashes when trying to insert from Vault 2012

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jweiss1313
810 Views, 4 Replies

Publisher 2013 crashes when trying to insert from Vault 2012

This is the fhe first installation of Publisher 2013 on a x64 Windows 7 laptop.  User is admin.  He logs into Vault 2012 and select "New"  Of course, insert from Vault is not available on the insert window.  I guess preferred Autodesk workflow is to hit cancel so I can select insert from Vault from Vault ribbon panel.  The big problem here is that Publisher crashes every time I hit cancel to close the insert window.  Please help. This is not good sign because I have to install this on ten other similar laptops.  Please help!

Thanks

Dell Precision M4500

Windows 7 x64

8 GB RAM

Nvidia Quadro FX 1800M

Driver 8.17.12.5922

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jweiss1313
in reply to: jweiss1313

I was able to fix this issue by updating the graphics driver.  Publisher 2013 performance on this laptop is absolutely terrible.  Can't do anything without waiting.   I hope Pub 2013 does not hog more system resources than 2012.

Any help or comments would be helpfull!

Laptop Specs"

Dell Precision M4500

Core i7 Xeon X5677 - 1.73 Ghz

Nvidia Quadro FX 1800M

8 GB RAM

Windows 7 x64

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 3 of 5
jweiss1313

Installed Inventor Publisher 2012 back onto laptop and everything works fine with no performance issues.  Can anyone tell me if you are having performance issues with Inventor Publisher running on mobile workstations?

Thanks

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 4 of 5
LeoWan

Hi ,

Sorry that you meet performance issue with Publisher 2013 on laptop. Publisher can run smoothly on laptop in our testing. We will mimic your environment in our future development and testing to find out what is the problem.

Publisher QA

Message 5 of 5
tlcallaghan
in reply to: LeoWan

Hi, Inventor Publisher 2012 did not run very well on my Thinkpad laptop with an i5 processor. Went to a acpi X64-BASED desktop pc with a NVIDIA QUADRO 2000 card and Inventor Publisher still crashes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report