Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish to mobile - email problems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
guyh
333 Views, 2 Replies

Publish to mobile - email problems

I'll start off by saying I like Publisher but it still feels very much like a work in progress.  Currently using a Trial of 2012 and testing the publish to mobile feature for use on an iPad.  The process is quite simple except for a few issues.  The first is I can not connect to my Autodesk account though my work network.  Not a Autodesk issue I know but this must be a common thing.  Maybe some information when it fails to tell the user they should check these settings.

My main issue is when I publish to mobile and wish to share the link Publisher tries to run my default email client (Lotus Notes 8.5) which causes a crash of that software.  There should be a way at least to copy and paste the link from publisher!  Or select the email client.  Very short sighted of Autodesk IMO.

Come on guys this product could be great but it is more like a Technology preview than a fully fledged package.

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jon.Balgley
in reply to: guyh

We actually had discussed this, because I had a similar problem when running Publisher on a secondary computer.  But we decided it would be pretty rare to have a situation where the default email client was so toxic.  Thanks for the feedback -- it's important for us to hear both your specific problems and your subjective impressions.

Jon Balgley
Message 3 of 3
guyh
in reply to: Jon.Balgley

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply.  As I say I really like the work you're doing with Publisher it's just a few things which niggle but it's still a newish package so maybe I should be a bit more tolerant

Cheers,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report