Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Publisher 2013 R1 and is there an alternative?

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
VictorBDEngineer
2237 Views, 28 Replies

Problems with Publisher 2013 R1 and is there an alternative?

Can anyone suggest some tutorials on using Inventor Studio to generate pictures of the build up an assembly like that can be done with Inventor Publisher.

The latest version of Publisher 2013 R1 will not me let me insert a model or for that matter it will not even create an empty file without crashing. Plenty of crash reports but no respone about the problem.

So I am having to resort to looking for alternatives to get my project completed. Publisher 2013 works fine but it can not open Inventor 2014 files.

So I am looking at using Inventor Studio but I have the feeling that it is not up to the job. As far as I can see it just produces animations which is not what I want.

Is there a Publisher alternative out there?

Regards
Victor Pringle

28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
na.miao
in reply to: VictorBDEngineer

hi Victor, 

Can you give us you detail system information? you can run command "winver" "msinfo32" to get the detail information.

And can you give us a software list installed in your machine(you can give us snapshot of your Control panel->Programs->Programs and Features ), we can;t reproduce this issue in our side, maybe some software conflict with Inventor Publisher. we still need do more investigation.

Thank you 

Na Miao(Autodesk)
Inventor Publisher QA
Message 22 of 29
Anonymous

Victor

If you're a regular of this forum, you will no doubt be aware that I am not a massive fan of Publisher! Having said that, in my opinion, I reckon you've got problems with your machine given your recent posts:

"Publisher 2013 R1 crashes when I try to create a file and when I try to insert a model in an existing file.... I have just reinstalled Publisher 2013 and that is now not even starting"

You say your hard disk crashed - have you checked this disk for integrity? Trying running some SMART software or even Crystal Disk Info (free). Also, I wonder if Publisher is compatible with Windoze 8 - infact, before your hard disk crash, what operating system were you running? If it wasn't Win8, did Publisher work?

Regards

CTS2013

Message 23 of 29
VictorBDEngineer
in reply to: na.miao

I have attached the data from msinfo32. This also lists the software I have installed.

Message 24 of 29
VictorBDEngineer
in reply to: Anonymous

I am suspecting that my machine is the problem but with no error messages to help it is extremely difficult to find out what is wrong.

My harddisk was replaced and I had to reinstall all my software. I upgraded to Windows 8.1 at this time and also upgraded my Autodesk products to 2015 versions. All of my other Autodesk products  Inventor, Max 3ds, Autocad work fine, it is just Publisher that is not working.

Every thing was working fine on my previous disk with Windows 8.0.

Regards

Victor

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous

Have you got your folders mapped correctlty? See here for more info: Publisher 2015 folder mapping

Also, I'm not familiar with Win8 but have you had a look at the event logs? In Win7 it is found: Control Panel, System & Security, Administrative Tools, View event logs. There could be some useful information in there...

HTH

CTS2013

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous

Message 27 of 29
VictorBDEngineer

Had a look at the event logs but there is nothing there about Inventor Publisher 2015. Still crashing with no error messages.

Had a look at the mapping link but that was all about Vault which I dont use.

Regards

Victor

Message 28 of 29

Success!!!! Finally got Publisher 2015 to work.

I have to use 'run  as administrator' even though I have an administrator account.

Not sure whether I will use it now anyway as I am now using Solidworks Composer for my current project.

Regards

Victor Pringle

Message 29 of 29
Anonymous

Thanks for posting a solution - will be helpful for others Smiley Wink

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report