Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with inserting assemblies from Vault into Pulisher

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
MarkusGreifeneder3360
903 Views, 6 Replies

Problems with inserting assemblies from Vault into Pulisher

Hello,

we work with Publisher 2013 and Vault Colaboration 2013.

When inserting assemblies from Vault we get a lot of unresolved file messages.

All the unresolved files are correct downloaded from Vault to Workspace (local), but we have to click through the file path manually and show Publisher where the files are located! If we skip, these files are not shown!

Does someone know this Problem? How to solve? Are there additinal settings in Publisher?

Thanks in Advance!

Markus Greifeneder

CAD-Administrator

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

What is the result if you insert the file from local (Vault workspace)? will there still be unresolved file messages?

If yes, then the source file must be updated to correct the file relationships.

if no, then it might be a Publisher issue and download the vault files and insert from local would be a work around.

Thanks,

- Leo

Message 3 of 7

Dear Leo,

first of all thanks for your quick response!

The workaround you mentioned is working!

When inserting the *.iam from local I can tell the publisher which projectfile to use => All parts are inserted correct!!

Where can I tell the publisher, when inserting from Vault, which projectfile to use?

I think that would solve the Problem!

Our collegues that are using Publisher have no Vault. The only have the publisher installed. So the have to "Insert from Vault" to get the files downloaded to local.

Cheers Markus

Message 4 of 7

Dear Leo, first of all thanks for your quick response! The workaround you mentioned is working! When inserting the *.iam from local I can tell the publisher which projectfile to use => All parts are inserted correct!! Where can I tell the publisher, when inserting from Vault, which projectfile to use? I think that would solve the Problem! Our collegues that are using Publisher have no Vault. The only have the publisher installed. So the have to "Insert from Vault" to get the files downloaded to local. Cheers Markus Markus Greifeneder Mechanical Design Engineer [Logo_AMT_74] NUMTEC-INTERSTAHL GmbH A Company of Alpine Metal Tech Group E-mail: markus.greifeneder@alpinemetaltech.com Tel.: +43 / 76 72 / 78 134-553 Buchbergstra?e 11, 4844 Regau, Austria/Europe Tel.: +43 / 7672 / 78134-0, Fax: +43 / 7672 / 25429 numtec@alpinemetaltech.com, www.alpinemetaltech.comFN 166240 x, Firmenbuchgericht: Landes- als Handelsgericht Wels Disclaimer: Diese E-Mail enth?lt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich gesch?tzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrt?mlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte den Absender und l?schen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail und der darin enthaltenen Informationen sind nicht gestattet. This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.
Message 5 of 7

Well, Insert from Vault does not has that option to tell which project to use.

I have logged a issue in our internal tracking system.

Thanks,

- Leo

Message 6 of 7

Hi,

obviously it is ESSENTIAL to specify the project-file, while working with assemblies stored inVault!

Our Documtation-Team is very happy with the features of the publisher.

But all datas are in Vault, so in our mind, it has to be a MAJOR-Feature to get the datas proper inserted.

This is for us a very important subject!

Please keep us informed!

Thanks

Markus Greifeneder

CAD-Administrator

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: MarkusGreifeneder3360

Has there been no further progress on this issue?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report