Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems publishing to mobile.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
robert.ruhe
1220 Views, 6 Replies

Problems publishing to mobile.

First, I have a model that simply won't publish to moble. It doesn't give me an error either. I follow the proper steps to begin the publish process - the status bar appears at the lower left corner of the application window - then disappears after a few seconds. There is no file generted at all. It simply stops without any result. I've reviewed all the help files without finding a reason why this happens.  Can anyone help me out?

Additionally I have some models that do successfully publish to mobile but exceed the iPad 2 device capabilities. Is there anything I can do in Publisher to remedy this? Will there be fixes to the app? I am not an Inventor designer so I can't do anything to the model in Inventor itself - But I have to  find  a way to get this to work in the iPad viewer.

Thanks in advance for your help.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi Robert,

Are you still having problems publishing a particular file to mobile? If so feel free to send the IPB to my email and I can look to see if there is something we can fix there.

As far as your other heavy data, if you don't have access to make modifications in Inventor, you can still have some control when you Import into Publisher. At the Import dialog, there is an Options button where you can specify the faceting (smooth, course, etc). Reducing this to course can help with bloating of the cad data.

We do understand that large assembly publishing is important to be viewed on the iPad and we are looking into solutions.

Thanks for your post,
Timera

Timera.hart@Autodesk.com

Message 3 of 7
coreyparks
in reply to: robert.ruhe

Has anyone solved this issue?  I am having the same problem.  I can seem to publish files to A360 but then I can't get to them through IPM viewer.  So I tried to publish mobile localy and no file is generated at all.  The files that it is publishing to A360 are .IPB and .INRUCTION file extenisons not the IPM that it tries to export locally.  Publishing to A360 worked only once on the first attempt and I haven't been successful again  Never worked even once locally.  When trying to view online with IPM Viewer All I get is "Autodesk service could not be reached". 

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 4 of 7
irene.chen
in reply to: coreyparks

Hi,

Did you update the Inventor Publisher view to latest version on your phone or pad? if so, could you please send me the file you met the issue, then we will do some inventigation.

Thanks

Irene Chen (irene.chen@autodesk.com)

Inventor Publisher QA

Message 5 of 7
coreyparks
in reply to: irene.chen

Sorry never got notified of any replies to this.  Yes I have the most up to date version unless something was released after Oct 10th or so.  I can gladly send you the file if you're still interested as I still can' get this to work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 6 of 7
irene.chen
in reply to: coreyparks

Hi,

Could you please give me your e-mail address, then I can send you the 'Request File" mail by system if the file is big, you can upload the file according to the steps mentioned in the mail.

Irene Chen(Irene.chen@autodesk.com)

Inventor Publisher QA

Message 7 of 7
coreyparks
in reply to: irene.chen

I finally figured out where the problem is coming in, for me anyway.  If I import an assembly that has a sub-assembly inside of it and then I ballon the sub-assembly so the ballon draws it's information from the parent and not any of the chirdren I can't publish to mobile.  If I balloon all of the children of that sub-assembly and not the parent assembly itself it publishes just fine.   Repeated the problem on 2 different files.

Corey Parks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report