Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in colours

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
jahed.ali
728 Views, 13 Replies

Problems in colours

Hi there,

I spet my valuable time to define some colours around a system in Inventor. But when you transfer the finished assembly to Publisher you will receive different colours!!!!
What is this about?!

Ali 

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: jahed.ali

Hi Ali,

It'd be helpful if you could provide some screenshots to show what kind of differences you are seeing. Also, are you applying Materials in Inventor, or just a Style representation? And, what level are you applying this change at in Inventor (Inventor has certain overrides within itself that can be tricky)?

Thanks,

Timera

Message 3 of 14

Please see attached file.

I used the drop down menu on the top of the Inventor screen to choose the material and color.

Message 4 of 14

From the image you provided, the materials look to be consistent - it's the difference in lighting environments between the two different programs that is causing the visual difference. You can change the environment in Publisher as you wish by using the Background dialog and choosing "Environment". The Grey Room setting is my personal favorite setting.

environment.png

Message 5 of 14

It is not about that.

Draw something in Inventor open it in Publisher you will see the differences.

You can not find them the same.

Message 6 of 14

The materials import, but the lightiing environments are definitely different, casting different shadows, etc. Inventor Professional on the left, Inventor Publisher on the right.

materials.png

If you're looking for a differnt matieral effect, you can use the extensive Autodesk Material Library from within Publisher to modify any material in your assembly as you desire.

Thanks,

Timera

Message 7 of 14
alihillaldam

Mate,

As you saw there is a problem.

Please make a report and forward it to top level managers. It is stupid having this. There must be a consistency between these two programs.

Cheers

Ali

Message 8 of 14
bowen192
in reply to: alihillaldam

@alihillaldam wrote:

Mate,

As you saw there is a problem.

Please make a report and forward it to top level managers. It is stupid having this. There must be a consistency between these two programs.

Cheers

Ali

Agreed. This error is ridiculous. I've even had a client asking why our images are so dark now. It is nothing to do with Background > Environment. Very frustrating.
Message 9 of 14
bowen192
in reply to: bowen192

Any news or progress on this?

It is quite a big issue imo, suprised no-one else has pushed it. 

Message 10 of 14
TimeraAutodesk

Thanks for your patience, guys.

Again, this is not a colors issue, but rather a difference in the software environments that we're viewing them in. If you take any other 2 pieces of software and load the same model you will see similar differences in the way each program reflects the geometry and materials. I am waiting to hear back from one of our lead architects on a more detailed explanation for you, but will update you when I have more information.

Thanks,

Timera

Message 11 of 14
bowen192
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

If I load up a 2012 created file in 2013 and simply update the file, the colours all change, as follows:

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6793/20120607153351.png

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8467/20120607153400.png

That's with no change of environment, background, lighting, nothing. 

Message 12 of 14
bowen192

Still nothing?

If there is no fix for this, I need to revert back to 2011. 

Message 13 of 14
xingyuan

Hi,

Only Autodesk Material Library could be supported by IP2013 so that it will lost if the mterial customized in INV. Please check the current activity library and make sure the material belong to Autodesk Material Library. This is a know issue and we are working with development team try to fix it ASAP.  

[Sam Yuan]
[Sr. Software QA Engineer]
[Alias] Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 14
peggy.wang

ID: Nov-10036 is tracking this issue.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report