Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with custom Word Template in Inventor Publisher 2013 R1

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
miodrag.antic
640 Views, 6 Replies

Problem with custom Word Template in Inventor Publisher 2013 R1

I have problem with custom template in Word. When I input Smart tags in new Word template, Inventor Publisher did not recognize the word document.

I used Word 2013. When i used copy default Word document in Inventor Publisher, it is work, but  when I delete all tags and input new in default Word template in Inventor Publisher i have same problem. How to fix that problem?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: miodrag.antic

I got the same problem... How do you fixed it? Thx. C y
Message 3 of 7
miodrag.antic
in reply to: Anonymous

I was not able to solve. We are left to wait Autodesk Inventor Publisher

Best regards.
Message 4 of 7
jannaspicer
in reply to: miodrag.antic

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that the 2013 R1 version is causing you trouble.  But I do have some good news: The wait is over... Inventor Publisher 2015 is now available. You can get a free trial here.

In the mean time, we'll see if we can reproduce the issue you're experiencing with Word, and let you know what we uncover.

Thanks,

Janna

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jannaspicer

Hey there, Well... I have a bad News about the version... I'm using a 2015 version... and btw... I Got the same problem... Anyway, I will search for some tutorial in youtube to find a new way (correct way) to fix it. Thx Wesley
Message 6 of 7
miodrag.antic
in reply to: jannaspicer

Thank you very much for your answer. I'll try to solve the problem with the new version.

Best Regards

Message 7 of 7

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for reporting the issues to us. For customize word template, here is some more info for you:
1, As you know, Inventor Publisher provides two word templates in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor Publisher 2015\Templates\Word\en-US
You can customize your template based on these two docs.
2, As for how to defines the tags with the content control, please see the info here:
http://nikpatel.net/2010/04/11/add-content-controls-in-the-word-documents-for-the-open-xml-automatio...
3, Please note in order to create a valid template, the template file should at least contain any one of these tags: Storyboard, Snapshot and Transition. Otherwise, Publisher will treat it as invalid template.

Please let us know if you have more questions. And if you still meet problem to customize your template, please attach your template here or send it to us: publisher.support@autodesk.com. We will take a look at it for you.

Thanks,

-Huan Yu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report