Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance issue

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
bowen192
926 Views, 13 Replies

Performance issue

If I could make a suggestion...

In Options you have the ability to reduce the sharpness of the graphics to make manipulation easier.

I would really like an option to take the graphical level of detail right down to the minimum.  After all, I'm only bothered what it looks like when I finally decide to output an image/video/whatever.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: bowen192

Hey there,

Have you used the Viewport Fidelity slider from the View tab of the ribbon? This slider reduces the visual fidelity while working to help increase performance on large assemblies - but it wont affect the quality of the model once published. Sounds like this is exactly what you're looking for.

Thanks,

Timera

Message 3 of 14
bowen192
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

Thanks Timera,

I am aware of this option, but the level of detail is still quite high, even all the way to Rough.

On files with a large amount of components, the performance of Publisher is still unnaceptable, and I was thinking maybe reducing the level of detail even more would allow us to be able to maniuplate an object to the standard of Inventor.

Message 4 of 14
TimeraAutodesk

Hmm... right now the only other option would be during the Import/Insert process. For Inventor assemblies, you've got the option to control Faceting.

We are continuing to work to find solutions for performance with large assemblies, but in the meantime these 2 options are what we have to help with this workflow.

Timera

Message 5 of 14
bowen192

Thanks, Timera, I'd not even noticed this option before.

So if I import it this way, can I then generate the final image/video/vector in a higher quality?

Message 6 of 14
TimeraAutodesk

Vector will generate at the same quality regardless of what faceting setting you insert a model at. As far as video, images, etc. though the model will publish with the same visual/faceting settings as what you import it as. Once the model has been imported with a setting, it cannot be changed later down the road.

I understand it isn't an ideal workflow, but I hope that helps.

Timera

Message 7 of 14
bowen192

It does, cheers.

Message 8 of 14

How do you control the faceting on parts imported/inserted through Vault?

Christian

Message 9 of 14
bowen192
in reply to: cms_eurowater

This option does not exist.

Message 10 of 14
cms_eurowater

*facepalm*

Message 11 of 14
bowen192
in reply to: cms_eurowater

If it's any consolation, Autodesk have set-up a very smart Facebook page for Publisher. Smiley Indifferent

Message 12 of 14
cms_eurowater

Thank you for letting me know. I expect the Autodesk crew to reply faster on a social media.
Not sure if it really is a consolation, though 😉
Message 13 of 14
cts2013

I remember seeing this box when I first starting using Publisher but haven't seen it in a very long time. Where did it go?
- - - > Publisher 2016 running on: - - -

Intel Core i7 3770k @ 3.5Ghz
Quadro K4000
16GB RAM
Intel SSD
Win10 64bit
Message 14 of 14
cts2013

"If it's any consolation, Autodesk have set-up a very smart Facebook page for Publisher."

And by Jove it makes large assemblies much easier to manage! Smiley Wink

- - - > Publisher 2016 running on: - - -

Intel Core i7 3770k @ 3.5Ghz
Quadro K4000
16GB RAM
Intel SSD
Win10 64bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report