Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts list of assembly does not show all components

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
dprostran
2684 Views, 9 Replies

Parts list of assembly does not show all components

Hello,

I'm playing around with a trial of Publisher 2013 SP3, and I ran into trouble. I've loaded both a "Structured BOM" and "Parts Only" Inventor assembly. Exploding and playing with the assembly works just fine.

However, when I attempt to generate a parts list, either a full one or a 1st-level-BOM-only list, one part is missing in both the parts list, and in the automatically generated callouts. It's a 1st-level part of the assembly, and I noticed it because it is repeated about 20 times in the assembly, so it's fairly obvious.

I've even exported the parts list (1st level, and all parts) to a CSV file and searched for the part number - not there.

Selecting the part manually and annotating it does work.

I ensured the assembly was exploded prior to creating the parts list such that I wouldn't recieve the "X number of parts were obscured - do you want to remove them from parts listing?"

The iProperties of each of the 20 instances of the part show the correct part number, and it is a 1st level of the BOM. I did not generate the original model, but I do have access to Inventor. Any ideas how to get the part to show up in the parts list?

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
irene.chen
in reply to: dprostran

Hi,

Could you please check the BOM structure type in the inventor for the missed part, if the BOM structure type is "Phantom" and "Reference", the part can't be displayed in partslist. The workaround for this issue is to switch the type to others in Inventor and then insert to Publisher again.

Thanks

Irene

Message 3 of 10
charlesaultman
in reply to: irene.chen

My issue is when I insert my assembly which consists of weldments and purchased components, I always get " Parts were totally obsucred or not visible and were not ballooned. Remove (hide) them is the parts list?" .... So why am I getting that? Am I building my models incorrectly or am I not doing something correctly in Publisher?

Message 4 of 10

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the issue and sorry for the inconvenience.
What's the Publisher version and Inventor version are you using?

Can you please attach some screenshots of your BOM structure in Inventor and the issues/partslist in Publisher? That would be helpful for us to better understand your issue.

Thank you!

-Huan
Message 5 of 10

Here's a screen shot.

I'm running Inventor 2014 and Publisher 2015.

So I really don't understand this. Publisher Parts List Issue.jpgIn the screen shot there's only 2 parts which you can clearly see and the program says it can't see either of them.

Message 6 of 10

The 2 components above are obviously weldments and built that way. (example: All the parts in the weldment are inseparable)

Message 7 of 10

Hello,

Thank you for the info.

Did you try different BOM view types when inserting the weldment assembly?

Option.png

And will you still see the message if you un-check "Create Auto Balloon" when creating parts list?

Balloon.png

Thanks,

-Huan

Message 8 of 10

Yes.. I brought it in as only Parts.

When inserting the parts list without the auto ballooning, there's no error.

Once the parts list is inserted and I right click and click on the auto ballooning, the error comes up.

The error is with the auto ballooning and I believe with weldments.

Is there something in inventor that I have to click on to make my weldment seen as a part in publisher?

Message 9 of 10

Thanks for trying.

I tried a weldment assembly from Inventor sample files but didn't get the error you saw. I am not sure how to edit the weldment assembly in Inventor to make auto balloon work in Publisher, but since you have just a few parts/components, you can create callout for each of the parts manually as a workaround for now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Huan
Message 10 of 10

Thank you for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report