Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts List does not show Sub-assembly levels

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dherman469
3727 Views, 4 Replies

Parts List does not show Sub-assembly levels

Hello,

I've noticed there are already several posts regarding the Parts List feature.  I would like to suggest another new feature for the Parts List.  Please see that attached picture.  In Inventor, I have a sub-assembly: 63023.  In all of our physical literature, we call out this part as the sub-assembly number.  However, when I insert the Parts List in Publisher, it only seems to see individual components.  I don't want to say "Unscrew component 63021", because that's not what our official parts list says, and the end user may get confused when he sees the other components that are attached to the 63021 component.  I would like my slide to say "Unscrew sub-assembly 63023" and have the parts list show that 63023 number.  If I could manually edit the text in the parts list, that would also solve the problem, but I already know that we can't do that yet.  Hopefully, this feature is something that can be added without too much trouble. 

Daniel Hermanson

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
peggy.wang
in reply to: dherman469

Actually, Publisher privide a manul method to solve this problem.

Here is a workaround, please have try and hope this can solve your problem.

1, click new a document, in the insert dialog, select options, and choose structure, and click OK to insert the assembly file.

2, click part list to create the partlist, you can choose all level Or first level only to display the partlist. I choose All levels in this case, and click OK to create the part list

in my attached image, item 4 is the sub assembly, and it has 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 three parts in the sub assembly.

3, there will be a dialog: 1 parts were totally obscured or not .......Remove them in the partslist?., please see attached image, please hit No.

4, see my result in image 3.

5, edit item 4.3 or 4.2,  change associate property from ITEM to Manual text and change it to 4.

6, it is ok, 4.3 will display 4

Hope this helps.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
peggy.wang
in reply to: peggy.wang

Add another image

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 5
dherman469
in reply to: peggy.wang

Thank you Peggy,

In my current file I inserted the Inventor assembly as Parts Only instead of Structured.  Is there a way that I can change this setting in an existing file?  Or will I need to start over to make sure the file is Structured? 

Daniel Hermanson

Message 5 of 5
peggy.wang
in reply to: dherman469

Currently, Publisher doesn't support to change the BOM view type between Parts Only and Structured once import an assembly. And that is really a valuable suggestion, I have logged this feedback to internal tracking system. Thank you.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report