Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus failing to open or correctly identify ipm files

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mcolinp
870 Views, 5 Replies

Nexus failing to open or correctly identify ipm files

I just purchased a Nexus 7 tablet and Inventor publisher works great with the included example files; but it will not identify ipm files in dropbox or from an email as a file which can be opened. (Or it might think a wrong program might work.) This is frustrating, since Inventor publisher viewer is the main reason I even bought this tablet.

I have been successful in loading my own files on iPhones; so I know it os possible, but it seems Android 4.1 does not know what to do with ipm files.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
irene.chen
in reply to: mcolinp

Hi Michele,

On Andriod, Inventor Publisher Viewer can't open the ipm file from the link in the E-mail after do share when Publisher to Mobile, which is different from that in Apple devices. it is Andriod IPMV known issue.

You can view the ipm files in Android devices with the way below,

1) Publish the IPM file to your Autodesk Account.

Steps:

- Publish to Auodesk Account

- Run IPMV on Android device

- Switch to Download tab and log in your account

- Tap the file (The download will start and the file will be opened)

After your download the file, the file will be left in th Models tab.

2) Publish to IPM file to local, Move the file to disk of Android device and open the file directly. (Please use ASTRO)

BTW, In Inventor Publisher 2013 SP2 and SP3, the Share function has been removed, and the INSTRUCTION file is published when you do publish to mobile. you can do "Share' in A360.

Thanks

Irene Chen

Inventor Publisher QA

Message 3 of 6
mcolinp
in reply to: irene.chen

Thanks for the feedback. I have a challenge in that I am trying to provide a service to a manufacturing supplier which would need to keep all files out of public circulation. Another words they are bound by their clients to not upload proprietary cad data to the "cloud". Do you have any systems in place to distribute files to users within an organization or company without using off site servers?
Message 4 of 6
irene.chen

Hi Michele,

If you don't want to use cloud, the only way you can choose is the second workaround,

1) Download the file from Dropbox to the device and open in IPMV directly.

2) you also can use email attachment, you can publish IPM file to local and add it to your email attachment, send to anyone who you want to share. then he can download it from mail, and then open in IPMV.

Please make sure you have ASTRO installed on device.

Wish it is helpful to you.

Irene Chen

Inventor Publisher QA

Message 5 of 6
mcolinp

Can you elaborate on using "Astro" to "Open Directly". I installed Astro; but do not quite understand how it changes anything regarding opening files . . .

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
irene.chen

The files can't be opened directly with all file browsers, if you have Astro, it's ok to open the file with IPMV.

Thanks

Irene Chen

Inventor Publisher QA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report