Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing parts when publishing with Inventor Publisher 2013 R1

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RogerdeSmidt3953
455 Views, 2 Replies

Missing parts when publishing with Inventor Publisher 2013 R1

I have had trouble publishing files with Inventor Publisher 2013 R1. I am able to see all the parts and toggle their visibility in Publisher, but when I publish the file to IPM or PDF format, a large percentage of the parts in various snapshots go missing/are not visible even though their visibilty was ON in Publisher. Anyone else have problems like this? It seems to occur more when I have a large assembly, but the problem is not limited to large assemblies.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
training
in reply to: RogerdeSmidt3953

Hi, I've encountered issues like this a lot recently, publishing to web and mobile formats. 

I've been finding that Publisher gets confused if there are hidden parts in Inventor [visibility off], and when they get into Publisher there automatically hidden if there hidden in Inventor. This would not be an issue it would be usefull, as you can set the base visibility in Inventor, then choose when you want to have them on/off in Publisher. but...

But I've found that the parts that are setup as hidden in Inventor, after being published in Publisher [web&mobile], can be problematic, sometimes there visible, or not, and you only find this out after publishing, its a bug I hope there looking at. You can do a whole animation and never be able to fix visiblity on some parts.

One solution i found is to show every part in Inventor, before they get into Publisher. Then only contol visibility in Publisher.

Another way [for web/mobile publishing] can be to reset them at the start of the animation, this also helps if you find the assembly gets corrupted [in terms of parts always showing up in the animation, even if there supposed to be hidden]. To do this, i would do a very short frame [<0.1secs] and show everything, then do another frame that hides everything [<0.1sec] and a near zero transition so these frames are to fast to see. Then do your animation sequence. I will do this if i get to the end of a long animation, and there are a number of parts in there that just wont go away. 

This can help to reset the file if it has issues to web & mobile. Far more often than i like, I would complete an animation, have to make some modifications to a few Inventor parts, update the parts in Publisher, and find the whole thing corrupted and wont load, or wont update, and I have to start again. I have wasted 75% of my time in Publisher with issues like this. 

I'm hoping that the Q3 release of Publisher 2015 will remove a lot of issues, and make the software more robust, you have to be really really unshakable to get the best from the software in its current state. 

Steve

Steven Dewar | STATS Group | 3D Animator

Win7Ent-64-SP1 | 32GB | Intel Core i7-4770CPU@3.40GHz | Quadro 4000 GPU
Message 3 of 3
RogerdeSmidt3953
in reply to: training

Hi Steve,

Thanks very much for your reply, it seems you have spent many frustrating hours working with Publisher. I look forward to the 2015 version!

My colleague stumbled across the procedure of exporting the Inventor IAM model to DWF format first and then importing that into Publisher, which seems to solve the problem for me of all the missing parts. Have you perhaps tried this yet? I am not sure what the other implications are though of using the DWF rather than the IAM...

Best regards,

Roger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report