Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message when launched: "Inventor Publisher.exe has stopped working".

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RussCan
694 Views, 2 Replies

Message when launched: "Inventor Publisher.exe has stopped working".

When I try to launch Inventor Publisher (2011) I get the following message:

"Inventor Publisher.exe has stopped working. 

Windows is checking for a solution to the problem."

I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and Office 2010 but I have used Publisher since then and it worked fine. I uninstalled and re-installed the app but I get the same message.

I'm not sure what to try.

Russ

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jon.Balgley
in reply to: RussCan

It's a shot in the dark, but it's easy so you could try this: 

Temporarily rename this folder:

c:\users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Inventor Publisher 2012\

...to something else, and start Publisher.  If it works, you're on your way.  If it doesn't work, rename it back to the original name.

Did you get an option to submit the information to Autodesk, or only to Microsoft?  

Jon Balgley
Message 3 of 3
Stuie89
in reply to: RussCan

Hi i am having the same problem. Running windows 7, 64 bit, downloaded publisher 2013 and can not get it to open. I can double click the desktop icon and sometimes nothing happens, other times (only 10%) of the times the program starts to open and then the windows message "Inventor publisher has stopped working" comes up and i can go no further. I've tried looking for the inventor publisher 2013 file in appdata but there wasn't one, i created a folder and still not joy. I'm now at a loss, can anyone help?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report