Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for some tutorials / output & size issues...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ianmacleanllc
465 Views, 2 Replies

looking for some tutorials / output & size issues...

loving the software, but having some issues with the output. 

setting up the screen sizes and what type of output seems to be a bit fuzzy. when you are making something for print (say word template) should this same publisher file work well for mobile divice output without much fussing with the file?  i seem to be not grasping this part... just when i think i get something looking good i then push it out to mobile and things look nothing like the screen or print version.

thanks

-ian

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
peggy.wang
in reply to: ianmacleanllc

PPI.png

Hello Ian,

Thank you for the feedback.

Please try to edit the PPI in right of the publish area

change the PPI to 300 , it will looks better when publish to word and image.

refer to attched image.

Regards,

Peggy

--Autodesk Inventor Publisher QA

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3

Hi Ian -

Different outputs require different setup values, so that is most likely why you are experiencing some inconsistencies when exporting a presentation set up for Print to Mobile.

It's a good idea to set up a seperate storyboard for each output format. After the presentation has been completed, simply copy/paste the Storyboard to create an identical copy to manipulate. See screenshot below for a sample.

<see attachment: storyboards.png>

Inside the Mobile storyboard, you can quickly set the Publish Area appropriately using the "set affected snapshots" command. Right-click on any snapshot within the Mobile storyboard and select Set Affected Snapshots for All Snapshots within the Storyboard.

<see attachment: set affected snapshots.png>

With the snapshots activated, modify the Publish Area to the appropriate iPad settings (1024x768).

<see attachment: publish area.png>

This will automatically update the Publish Area of every snapshot within the storyboard to these settings. At this point, it's a good idea to take a pass through the snapshots and ensure the views are within the boundaries.

You're now ready to publish to Mobile with much higher fidelity than before.

Good Luck!

Timera Hart

Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report