Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPM Viewer limitations

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
liestolz
709 Views, 6 Replies

IPM Viewer limitations

Hi,

I am working on a manual for our product lines to be viewed on the iPad. I was just wondering how to best set Inventor Publisher up for mobile documents? The main problems I'm having are the font going black on the iPad (even though it's set to white in IP), and I'm having a hard time defining the right resolution for optimal iPad vieweing - how it looks on the iPad doesn't match the view I have on my computer.

Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
timerahart
in reply to: liestolz

A couple tips to get your moble files looking great.

1. Set your Publish Area (PA) to 1024 x 768 for all Snapshots, and fit your views within that viewport

2. Custom Text color is not supported on mobile devices - all text will be converted to black. Font size modifications will survive on mobile, however.

3. Keep in mind that Dimensions do not survive in mobile outputs yet

4. Opacity and Styles do not survive in mobile outputs yet

I hope this helps,

Timera Hart

Autodesk

Message 3 of 7

In Publisher 2015, my mobile output is jumbled.  The callouts, labels, detail views, etc. all overlap over the model.  It's a big mess.  Does anyone have any experience other than what has already been suggested in this message string that will help make the mobile output legible? 

Thanks in advance!

P.S. PDF output has problems too - just different problems - is there document that gives suggestions on settings for optimization of different outputs?

Message 4 of 7

Hello,

If possible, could you please share your ipb file with us and we will take a look?

Please send your file to publisher.support@autodesk.com

If the file is too big to be sent via email, please just email us and we will let you know how to upload your file.

Thank you!

-Huan

Message 5 of 7

Sure.  I'm emailing it now. 🙂

Message 6 of 7

Thanks Renee.

We've got your file and will get back to you.

-Huan

Message 7 of 7

Hello Renee,

I took a look at the file you provided and I saw the overlap on the model especially for detailed views. They mostly are happening in camera moving during snapshot transition which means one snapshot contains camera move and annotations flash by in shot period of time. Two suggestions here. One is make the camera moving and annotations in two seperate snapshots, thus annotation will be shown after camera is ready. Another one is increase the snapshot duration time if camera moving and annotations are kept in same snapshot, like Step 1A, Step2, Step3, etc. Try the two ways and see which transition effect you prefer. Hope this helps.

There may still have other overlap issue for label or arrow like in first snapshot and step 7, I've reported these issues to our development team and try to fix them in future updates.

Best Wishes,

Rachel Li

Autodesk

Sr. SQA Eng. 

Rachel Li
Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report