Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPM Viewer Files?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
c.christophi
4309 Views, 8 Replies

IPM Viewer Files?

Hi all

I know there's a few topics like this, but I want to raise one case in point - do I really have to publish my files in order to view them on the android app? That means I have to let anyone who wants to view my files instead of just the people I intend to show? Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't actually gone through the process because I don't particularly want to upload anything that anyone can view.

Why is it that I can't find a com. directory for this app? Where has it hidden itself in android?

Publisher is a fantastic tool, one that I would use all the time if only I could move my files to my tablet for viewing without having to upload/download them.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
irene.chen
in reply to: c.christophi

Hi,

For publish to mobile, we have two ways to get the result.

1) Publish to Web and Mobile by "Save to Autodesk 360", the files (Instruction file) will go to your account and can be viewed in web (360.autodesk.com) and mobile after your sign in with your account in Publisher Viewer on web, iOS and Android.

If you want to share this file to others, you can right click the instruction file and select Private Sharing to anyone you want to share. and you also can use Public Sharing to get a link to share.

2) Publish to Web and Mobile by "Save Locally", the files (IPM file) will be saved to local, and then you can move the file to mobile devices and open it with Publisher Viewer.

What is "com. directory" you mentioned?

Thanks

Irene (irene.chen@autodesk.com)

Inventor Publisher QA

Message 3 of 9
c.christophi

Good morning Irene

Thanks for your reply. The com. directory would be the one where the app is installed on Android. i.e. com.autodesk.ipmviewer, something along the lines of that where I would be able to drag and drop the file to.

Thanks

Message 4 of 9
irene.chen

Do you mean you want to drag the published file to Android device? You can just copy the file to your device, Clicking the file can open it in Publisher Viewer directly.

Thanks

Irene

Message 5 of 9
c.christophi
in reply to: irene.chen

Thanks Irene, I'll try that when I get back.
Message 6 of 9
c.christophi

Hi Irene

That doesn't work. Is the folder I need called "Legacy"? Where would I find it if so?

Message 7 of 9
irene.chen

Hi,

Please follow the steps below.

- Make sure you have Inventor Publisher Viewer installed in Android Device

- Make sure you have ASTRO (one file management tool) installed in Android Device

- Copy the ipm file you created to your Android Device.

- Find the ipm file in ASTRO and click the file

The file can be opened in IPMV directly.

Note: The legacy folder in IPMV includes all the files you created with ipm instead of instruction in your account before.

Wish it is helpful to you.

-Irene

Message 8 of 9
geurtsruben

Hello,

I have the same problem here, the solution you give us doesn't work with me

Message 9 of 9
na.miao
in reply to: geurtsruben

Hi, 

Could you tell me your problem in detail, I'm not sure "the same problem" means which problem.

Thank you 

Na Miao(Autodesk)
Inventor Publisher QA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report