Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPM Publishing

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
8476 Views, 9 Replies

IPM Publishing

I am trying to understand the decision to release the iPad IPM Viewer but remove the functionality to create an IPM file in Publisher. 

I currently produce operation and maintenance procedures using Powerpoint or Word and having downloaded the trial of Publisher I can see this software revolutionising the way we work.  However it is essential our maintenance engineers have a mobile solution, previously paper hard copies were the only option.  When I found that Autodesk have released an iPad or iPhone version of the viewer I was elated.  But alas the trial will not let me create the format required.

Am I missing something?

Regards

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Jon.Balgley
in reply to: Anonymous

IPM publishing is available in Publisher 2011 "R1".  I think the official trial version download has now moved up to R1, but if not, it's imminent.  If you only have "2011" (not "R1"), then you need to upgrade.

To publish in IPM format, you select "Mobile" from the Publish menu. 

Jon Balgley
Message 3 of 10
rvbussel

HI,

i have downloaded the publisher from the autodesk student site. In the version is no moblie publishing available. Can you give me some advise how to upgrade this version?

thnx in advance,

Kind regards,

Roy van Bussel

Message 4 of 10
Jon.Balgley

I don't know when/if the student version will be upgraded, and the person who knows is out until next week.  In the meantime, you should be able to download the trial version of the commercial (non-student) version, and use that for 30 days.

Jon Balgley
Message 5 of 10
subsales
in reply to: Jon.Balgley

Hi Roy,

We are working with the student community team to update the version that is available for students to download.  As Jon mentions, you should be able to use the trial download (which has been updated to R1) from www.autodesk.com/inventorpublisher until the student site is updated.

a18cey - R1 that Jon mentions is available for Subscription customers to download from the Sub Center website.

Apologies for any confusion and inconvenience.

Best regards,

-Sam Antos

Product Manager

Inventor Publisher

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: subsales

Hi,

Any news regarding update of the student version of Inventor? I really miss the opportunity to view files in IPM Viewer on the iPhone. I really think implementing this into the student version will be good for marketing of your products. Showing 3D models on a phone really impresses people. An students have lots of contacts...

There are several other bugs or constraints in the studenversion as well. Both in "realistic mode" and after rendering, all kinds of glass appears to be NOT tranparent. The only way to create pictures with transparent glass is to export the file from "shaded" view.

An automatic upgrade system implemented in the program would probably be a good idea to keep the software up to date..

Best Regards,

Tore Fauske

Student

Narvik University College, Norway

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

I am new to the software, I am looking to upload a file from my gmail account only iPad2 and I am not receiving an option to open the file in IMP Viewer. Do anyone have any tips for how I can vie my file?

Thank you,
Michael Ghizzoni
Message 8 of 10
rajkumar.ilanchelian

Michael,

The file that you are talking about, is it the mobile published .ipm file? If this is the case then you can download the file locally and then add the file by connecting the iPad to iTunes and uploading the file to the viewer. Only files published (to mobile) from the Publisher software can be opened via the viewer. This is NOT a common Autodesk viewer app.

Thanks,
-Raj (Autodesk)
Message 9 of 10
zakaria_kassar

I can't work out how to export a file to ipm. I'm using inventor fusion on apple (free version), is it capable?
Tags (1)
Message 10 of 10
irene.chen
in reply to: zakaria_kassar

Hi,

You can export ipm from Inventor Publisher and it can be viewed in Inventor Publisher Viewer.

Thanks

Irene

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report