Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS5 problem

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
jeff_connelly
428 Views, 9 Replies

iOS5 problem

Content is listed on the left hand side of the viewer but when clicked, nothing happens.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hello Jeff,

I assume you are seeing this on the iPad? If so can you please specify if it is the iPad or the iPad2?

Thanks,
-Raj (Autodesk)
Message 3 of 10

Yes.  I am running iOS5 on an iPad 2.  An associate is also having the same issue with the same content on an iPad 1.  I also run iOS5 on an iPod Touch but the content works there.

I'm currently trying to delete and re-add the content on the iPad2.

Message 4 of 10

Thanks for the information. We will look in to this issue.

Thanks,
-Raj (Autodesk)
Message 5 of 10

Jeff,

From my limited testing I notice that the "sample content" files found in the models tab is the ones that are not showing up. Files that I have published to the Autodesk server is displaying correctly. Is this true in your case as well? Are you able to view the files that you have published to mobile?

Thanks,
-Raj (Autodesk)
Message 6 of 10

I don't have anything published to the server.  I can view the models in the "Gallery" but not the models I add through iTunes into the app's "Models" fiolder.

I tried deleting the models from the iPad and re-add them through iTunes and then sync.  This results in nothing showing up in the app "Models" folder.  I even restarted the app each time I tried something new.  Meaning I double click the home button and remove the app from memory.  I also tried a soft reset on the iPad 2.

As it sits now, I have no content loading to the app even though iTunes shows the content in the Add window.  I can view the Gallery models.  I have no published content but will try that next.

One last thing, I've been syncing tethered to a Macbook Pro.  Not using the wireless sync.

Message 7 of 10

Thanks again for the details. I take it that this was working for you prior to iOS 5 updates correct?

Thanks,
-Raj (Autodesk)
Message 8 of 10

Yes.  Everything worked before but now the iPad 1 and 2 do not work.  iPod touch still works even with iOS5.

Message 9 of 10

New iPhone4S running iOS5 works.

Message 10 of 10

Got it working on the iPad2.

Here's how I did it...

On the iPad, deleted the app from the iPad.

On the iPad, went to the Appstore and re-downloaded IPM Viewer

In iTunes, added my models

In iTunes, did a Sync.

Models show up as before.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report