Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor publisher viewer for android

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
priit
1559 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor publisher viewer for android

Hello

I want to inquire wether Autodesk is still working on the Publisher viewer for android?

Because, right now, it isn't working!

Case in point:

I created an IPM of an assembly i need to show to my clients. The IPM file opens fine on an iPad2, but when trying to open on different android products, it only says "Exceeds device capacity".

Android devices tried on:

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

HTC One X

Nexus 10

The last two i know for a fact, in terms of hardware and overall capabilities, far exceed the iPad2, regardless neither can open the IPM.

With regards

Priit

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
LeoWan
in reply to: priit

Hi,

would you mind sharing the ipm file? we can then do further inventigation on this.

Thanks

Publisher QA

Message 3 of 8
priit

Link for the file sent to you via PM

Message 4 of 8
irene.chen

Hi Priit,

Thanks for your shared file, we did some invenstigation for your file, this issue happens because there are much mesh data in the file, which is outside the capacity limitation.

The only workaround for you here is to seperate the file as smaller one with less mesh data.

Thanks

Irene Chen

Inventor Publisher QA

Message 5 of 8
priit
in reply to: irene.chen

Hello

That doesn't really explain how it works on an iPad2 though

Message 6 of 8
irene.chen

Hi,

The Publisher Mobile viewer on Android and IOS are different because of the complex hardware and system environment.

Thanks

Irene

Inventor Publisher QA

Message 7 of 8
priit
in reply to: irene.chen

There is no such thing as too complex.

When can Android users expect properly optimized Publisher Viewer thats on par with the iOS version? I don't feel like buying an extra tablet to run one app.

Message 8 of 8
irene.chen

The different performance on the same file is caused by the underlying platform (iOS/Android). Generally, iOs's performance is better than Android. and some of the android devices are not powerful as the iPad. The code of the Publisher viewer on the Android and the iOs is almost same, so we don't have a plan to optimize our code. Hope Google will optimize the Android platform, and let it become better.

Thanks

Irene Chen

Inventor Publisher QA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report