Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Publisher Information on new version?

63 REPLIES 63
Message 1 of 64
coreyparks
3611 Views, 63 Replies

Inventor Publisher Information on new version?

I know it can be reported or spoken of in a public forum but I need to find out about the new version of Inventor Publisher that should be coming out this spring.  I have run into so many pitfalls that I can no longer waste my time on this version.  Right now every file I work on is like a ticking time bomb and I can't see the clock.  Every file I have worked on has eventually corrupted and given me an unknown error leaving me unable to open the file and finish changes or updates.  Even when I can get updates to work properly I  am forced to edit every BOM and renumber all of the line items before I erase and re-balloon the entire assembly.  I have one manual that I can complete in 3 hours, start to finish.  I have done that 4 separate times now due to the file becoming corupt. 

So in a nutshell I need to abandon Inventor Publisher 2013R1 due to time contraints and severe lack of performance.  That being the case we still need something to create our manuals with.  So do I wait till the next version hoping it might fix some of the problems I am having or do we look for something better from another company or do we wait for the next version knowing that there are major changes that will make the 2015 version at least usable?  Can someone Let me know how to get into the Beta program, if there is one, for Publisher?  I have done betas in the past but can't see a way to sign up for this one on that website.  Thanks for any help I can get.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
63 REPLIES 63
Message 61 of 64
mcolinp
in reply to: djovica30

I have yet to truly take this new feature for a true test drive; though the thoery is that you could add a hyperlink into the properties dialog that could be another ipm file hosted online such as dropbox or 360, etc.

This alone does not completely solve the large assembly issues in all cases; but what it does do, is create an opportunity for you as the publisher to have more options for how you manage data. Take this for example:

Imagine you have a large assembly that has multiple sub-assemblies. In order to get it to load with the sub assemblies , you mightg make a view representation that takes out some of the details to reduce the complexity and make it work. Say sub-assembly-01 has more details that need to be animated and more details shown . . . You could have a hyperlink that is a link to the more detailed ipm version of the assembly. Now that you are focused in on only that sub-assembly; you can show the animations that are relevent to that specific sub-assembly. You could perhaps have another hyperlink in that file that links back to the larger less detailed file.

I will be exploring this futher this coming week.

Message 62 of 64
djovica30
in reply to: mcolinp

I read your post which prompted me to add that comment... I have just downloaded Publisher 2015 myself and will give it a try with a Large Assembly.

I know in the past I have used a 3D DWF instead of the native Inventor file to reduce the file size to increase performance. I didn't test associativity however. That is something else I want to look at deeper too.
Message 63 of 64
jannaspicer
in reply to: djovica30

Hi djovica,
This new feature enables you to insert a custom field into the properties for the part or assembly, and publish that information to the web/mobile viewer. If you create a custom property, you can call it anything you want, but now you can insert a value that is a hyperlink.  This can be used in a variety of ways, including as a method to split up very large assemblies, by using hyperlinks as a method to direct users to relevant sub-assemblies.

Please try it out and post how it goes.  What works for you? What could be better?

Thanks,
Janna

Message 64 of 64
djovica30
in reply to: jannaspicer

Thanks Janna,

I must say I'm reinvigorated with the work you have been doing with the Inventor product line.
Keep up the good work!

Damien

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report