Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Publisher 2015?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
fsanchou
1965 Views, 9 Replies

Inventor Publisher 2015?

Hi,

Does someone read information about Inventor Publisher 2015? Will it created?

How to import Inventor 2015 files Will there be another solution Publisher 360?

Best regards,

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
coreyparks
in reply to: fsanchou

I have tried to get any information I can on the upcoming release of Inventor Publisher 2015 but I have had no luck at all.  They did finally say that the release will be in late July.  Also that there will be no public Beta so we will need to wait until the official release to find out anything about the new software.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 3 of 10
masureb
in reply to: coreyparks

Hello,

Frédéric asked the good question and I have other French application's engineer and sales guy who ask me how to propose the product at this time?

Inventor Publisher 2013 R1 only reads up until version 2014, am I right? 

Do we have a solution or should I wait for end of July?!

Cheers,

Bertrand MASURE

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 4 of 10
coreyparks
in reply to: masureb

You are right, 2013R1 only reads Inventor 2014 files and earlier.  It might be able to bring in a DWF file that has been exported from Inventor 2015, I can't try this since I don't have 2015 installed yet.  If you do export to DWF make sure you turn on the export bill of materials as well in the options so that you will have a bill of materials in the IPB file.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 5 of 10
bowen192

@coreyparks wrote:

You are right, 2013R1 only reads Inventor 2014 files and earlier.  It might be able to bring in a DWF file that has been exported from Inventor 2015, I can't try this since I don't have 2015 installed yet.  If you do export to DWF make sure you turn on the export bill of materials as well in the options so that you will have a bill of materials in the IPB file.

This is some sort of joke, right?

Our Engineering department is going to be thrilled with this news.

Of course, this will be my fault.

Message 6 of 10
coreyparks
in reply to: bowen192

The Publisher 2013R1 release is basically Publisher 2014 so I wouldn't expect it to be compatible with a newer version of Inventor.  We have a few reasons not to upgrade to Inventor 2015 right now.  We need to wait until other pieces of software are compatible and Publisher is one of those.  From what I have heard the new release will be out in late July?  I am hoping that the lack of a true 2014 version and the 2015 release delay means there will be huge advances in the new version, ones that actually allow me to use the software for it's intended purpose.

Corey Parks
Message 7 of 10
bowen192

I've discussed this and we are not taking on Inventor until SP1 is released, so this should buy some time.

I hope the wait is going to be worth it.

Message 8 of 10
cts2013
in reply to: bowen192

@bowen192 wrote:
This is some sort of joke, right?

Our Engineering department is going to be thrilled with this news.

Of course, this will be my fault.

I wish we were in a position for this to be a problem! I am having to use DWF's instead of IAM's as Publisher can't deal with large assemblies.

That's assuming that DWF's are backwards compatible?!

Regards

CTS2013

- - - > Publisher 2016 running on: - - -

Intel Core i7 3770k @ 3.5Ghz
Quadro K4000
16GB RAM
Intel SSD
Win10 64bit
Message 9 of 10
JBerns
in reply to: cts2013

I just discovered Inventor Publisher 2015 is now available for download from Autodesk Subscription.

Has anyone tested this 2015 version?

The System Requirements page shows a release date of July 28.

Inventor Publisher 2015 System Requirements

Regards,

Jerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAD Administrator
Using Inventor 2022
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 Certified Professional
Message 10 of 10
cts2013
in reply to: JBerns

Yes - A few of us have used/tested it.

First impressions - not much has changed if you are coming from 2013. I have noticed that the snapshot logic isn't give me a headache like I've had before (or I'm not being too demanding on the project I've used it for!).

Regards

CTS2013

- - - > Publisher 2016 running on: - - -

Intel Core i7 3770k @ 3.5Ghz
Quadro K4000
16GB RAM
Intel SSD
Win10 64bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report