Active Contributor
46 Posts
17 Kudos
Post 1 of 2
Accepted Solution

Inserting model into new storyboard

258 Views, 1 Replies
11-06-2013 03:08 AM

I currently have a Publisher project that contains 5 storyboards. Upon creating a new storyboard (number 6), I make invisible the parts that are left on the screen. This doesn't affect the storyboards and snapshots which is fine.

When I insert a new model onto the blank canvas it shows up on all the other storyboards and snapshots which is not what I want. The only way to get the new model to show on storyboard 6 only is to go through the other storyboards and snapshots and make it invisible. This is very time consuming when you consider that Publisher doesn't like large models and it crashes a lot.

Briefly, I want to insert a new model into a new storyboard without it showing up on the other storyboards. How can I do this? I already have "set affected snapshots" set to "snapshot only".

Regards

cts2013

- - - > Publisher 2015 running on: - - -

Intel Core i7 3770k @ 3.5Ghz
NVidia K4000
16GB RAM
Intel SSD
Win7 64bit SP1

I will answer my own question seeing as Autodesk are, as usual, massive contributors to their own forum.

I insert the model and set affected snapshots to “within document, preceding snapshots”. I then make it invisible, then I set affected snapshots to “snapshot only”.  I then make the model visible.

This is a very long winded way of doing something very simple!

Active Contributor
46 Posts
17 Kudos
Post 2 of 2

Re: Inserting model into new storyboard

11-11-2013 12:23 AM in reply to: cts2013

I will answer my own question seeing as Autodesk are, as usual, massive contributors to their own forum.

I insert the model and set affected snapshots to “within document, preceding snapshots”. I then make it invisible, then I set affected snapshots to “snapshot only”.  I then make the model visible.

This is a very long winded way of doing something very simple!

- - - > Publisher 2015 running on: - - -

Intel Core i7 3770k @ 3.5Ghz
NVidia K4000
16GB RAM
Intel SSD
Win7 64bit SP1
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!