Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idw_dwf files won't import into IP 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Dexter
512 Views, 4 Replies

idw_dwf files won't import into IP 2013

My company is purchasing IP 2013 very soon. It will give a big boost to our maintenance manual illustrations. Our work process that we have used in the past involved idw_dwf files, which contain the parts lists, 2D drawings, and the 3D model. All of this opens very nicely in Autodesk Reviewer. We are wondering why Inventor Publisher refuses to open this type of file and extract the model. It produces an error message that contains some kind of "DRM is not supported at this time" message. Thanks in advance for your response.....

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: Dexter

Hi Dexter,

Thanks for your post. Pubilsher supports the import of DWF files, but I have to admit I'm not familiar with idw. How is your company creating these documents? (what software is being used)?

We support a wide range of import formats in 2013, and all of the relevant information regarding that can be found on our WikiHelp site here: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor_Publisher/enu/2013/Help/0218-Import_C218

Thanks,

Timera

Autodesk

Message 3 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

.idw is the inventor drawing format

which publisher doesn't bring in

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Dexter

Thanks for the responses. Yes .idw is an Inventor file type. I don't know exactly how our Engineering group packages the idw_dwf files, but I am 99% sure it is done using Inventor 2010. At present, we are trying other pathways to get .iam or .dwf files from our new vault, which is in a program called IFS. If we could have stayed with Vault Explorer, getting files probably wouldn't be so difficult. At minimum, maybe I have started a potential product improvement idea?

Message 5 of 5
TimeraAutodesk

Hi Dexter,

This is an interesting issue, thanks for bringing your workflow to our attention. While we do not support this package type in Publisher, it's good to know that it is being used by our customers and can open up some communication. In the meantime, I'd suggest finding some way to get the .iam or independent .dwf files to work with in Publisher. Vault works particularly well with Publisher, so it's a shame you guys moved away from it.

If you find a workaround please keep me in the loop and let me know, I'd be interested to hear how your company solves this issue.

Thanks and good luck!

Timera

Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report