Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete sample content

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jeff_connelly
770 Views, 6 Replies

How to delete sample content

Is there a way to permanently delete the sample content in the iPad viewer?  Everytime the app starts the sample content is loaded.  It's cluttering up things and I'd like to get rid of it.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Bumping to see if there's a solution.

Message 3 of 7
peggy.wang
in reply to: jeff_connelly

Click edit, there is small red "-" in the circle at the begining for each model.

and click it, the small red hyphen "-" in the circle will become red  " | ", the delete button shows.

delect it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Peggy

-Autodesk Inventor Publisher QA

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 7
jeff_connelly
in reply to: peggy.wang

When I originally posted this, everytime I started the program, the sample content i previosly deleted would re-appear.  I got tired of deleting and having it come back so I quit trying.  I assume it's been fixed in an update because so far it's working.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 7
peggy.wang
in reply to: jeff_connelly

Thank you for the quick update, i am glad to know that it is working now.

Regards,

Peggy

-Autodesk Inventor Publisher QA

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 7
liestolz
in reply to: peggy.wang

Hi,

I'm having the same issue on a brand new iPad 3 with latest iOS and latest IPM viewer. If I delete sample content, all of it reappears when I close and open the app again.

Message 7 of 7
flyingsuperpetis
in reply to: liestolz

1. install iPhoneFileBrowser on your system

2. plug in your ipad or iphone via USB

3. Open iPhoneFileBrowser

4. Spend a lot of time digging around in your file system to find the inventor application folders, and delete ALL the files with the names of the annoying sample files.  You may have to delete them out of a couple different locations on your device, so after you find them, keep digging.

Caveats:

If you delete a file you didn't mean to, you could mangle your application

If you ever accidentally tap on sample files again, you'll have to do this all over again

iTunes may not reinstall the IPMV app after it identifies you've modified its files.  You'll then need to wipe your device, delete the app from your desktop machine, and redownload a fresh one.

The nice thing about iOS is, it's a new environment, so no cruddy legacy code, requiring users to do nonsense like root around in the application itself to fix junk like this...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report