Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High PPI Issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
miQlo
861 Views, 3 Replies

High PPI Issues

When trying to publish images with higher PPI I run into problems. Internal and silhouette edges goes missing or edges that are not supposed to show are visible.

A PPI of 72 looks as it should so I wondered why only that setting worked. I tried to raise the PPI of 72 by multiplying it with 2 and 4 and it worked. But why doesn't it work with a PPI setting of 150 or 300?

Please see the attachment for examples.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
miQlo
in reply to: miQlo

Autodesk, please confirm that you have noticed this post and understand the issue.

Message 3 of 4
LeoWan
in reply to: miQlo

Hi,

Thank you for using Publisher and your feedback. We have files this issue in our internal track system.

It would help if you can provide more information about the setting you used for publisher image:

Are you use Inch as Width/Height unit? or use Pixel?

which iamge format are you using? PNG? JPG?...

Thanks,

Publisher QA

Message 4 of 4
miQlo
in reply to: LeoWan

I'm using Print Size in the Publish Area Setup. Pixel Size is impossible to work with since it expands the publish area outside of the screen if I use higher resolutions, that's one other thing you should fix.

The example images in the original post are PNGs but it does not matter which image format I use, I get the same result with JPGs and TIFs.

PAS.jpg

PTI.jpg

One other thing is that the image resolution in the Publish To Image window does not uptade, that could be very confusing. The pixel resolution should be 1799x3599 in the window above.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report