Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me on Dimensioning

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jahed.ali
689 Views, 4 Replies

Help me on Dimensioning

Please find attached file and  help me on Dimensioning.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
peggy.wang
in reply to: jahed.ali

Please see my attached image.

When select the center of the arc or circle, please press TAB button on Keyboard. Publisher is a 3D software, and it support 3D dimension, it dimension the point to Point distance, if you want to Point to Line distance, please place the dimension and click the little button near the dimension, it will change to align.

Hope this helps. In image 2, the dimension is 17.68, this dimension is point to point. in image 3, the dimension is 17.52, it is point to line.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
peggy.wang

If it is not easy to select some lines, please rotate it to another view, Publisher will always dimension the 3D distance

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 5
jahed.ali

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But I want to dimension it for the shortest distance which is from the centre perpendicular to the face. Basically, like you do in Inventor with Ruler.

Message 5 of 5
peggy.wang

Yep, I totally understand your feelings. And i have worked in Inventor drawing team for years, it is very convenient to create different dimesion and align to Horizontal or vertical or leaned. But Invetor dimension is 2D dimension, once the Base view is created, we can't remotate the model.

In Publisher, that is the 3D dimension, we always reotate the model after creating the annotation. We need some workaround to  create the annotation, for example, rotate to some special view to select the points and lines. And i also agree with you, Publisher 3D annotaion need some improvement, Thank you for your post here.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report