Inventor Publisher

Active Contributor
jahed.ali
Message 1 of 5 (381 Views)

Help me on Dimensioning

381 Views, 4 Replies
05-23-2012 03:46 AM

Please find attached file and  help me on Dimensioning.

Employee
peggy.wang
Message 2 of 5 (341 Views)

Re: Help me on Dimensioning

11-22-2012 08:31 PM in reply to: jahed.ali

Please see my attached image.

When select the center of the arc or circle, please press TAB button on Keyboard. Publisher is a 3D software, and it support 3D dimension, it dimension the point to Point distance, if you want to Point to Line distance, please place the dimension and click the little button near the dimension, it will change to align.

Hope this helps. In image 2, the dimension is 17.68, this dimension is point to point. in image 3, the dimension is 17.52, it is point to line.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Employee
peggy.wang
Message 3 of 5 (338 Views)

11-22-2012 08:32 PM in reply to: jahed.ali

If it is not easy to select some lines, please rotate it to another view, Publisher will always dimension the 3D distance

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Active Contributor
jahed.ali
Message 4 of 5 (327 Views)

11-22-2012 10:22 PM in reply to: jahed.ali

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But I want to dimension it for the shortest distance which is from the centre perpendicular to the face. Basically, like you do in Inventor with Ruler.

Employee
peggy.wang
Message 5 of 5 (323 Views)

11-22-2012 11:41 PM in reply to: jahed.ali

Yep, I totally understand your feelings. And i have worked in Inventor drawing team for years, it is very convenient to create different dimesion and align to Horizontal or vertical or leaned. But Invetor dimension is 2D dimension, once the Base view is created, we can't remotate the model.

In Publisher, that is the 3D dimension, we always reotate the model after creating the annotation. We need some workaround to  create the annotation, for example, rotate to some special view to select the points and lines. And i also agree with you, Publisher 3D annotaion need some improvement, Thank you for your post here.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.