Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Follow up to my posts related to Publisher

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
michael.shelley
660 Views, 3 Replies

Follow up to my posts related to Publisher

To the folks at AutoDesk,

I am writing this mail in the hopes that you can do help me with following.

1. Saving any file I have imported from Inventor takes in access of 5 min.

2. Auto annotate does not work period

3. Selection in general is slow to the point of freezing and all round sluggish.

Just to put all this into context. I have now had the same problems with 2 different machines and 3 different graphics cards with multiple driver versions. Both autodesk certified and not. With Publisher 2012,2013,2013 R1

An overview of the machines

Machine 1:

Home Build PC

Windows 7 64 bit

32 gb Ram

I7 3970x Extreme

512gb SSD

Quadro K4000 and also tried a geforce gtx 680 2 gb

Machine 2:

Workstation PC

Windows 7 64 bit

2 x E5-2643

64gb Ram

300gb SSD

Nvida quadro 6000 with C2075 Tesla (also tried it without tesla copute card installed)

Also please look at links below to see posts I'm refering.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Publisher/Multiple-problems/td-p/3203278

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Publisher/Auto-Annotate-Publisher-2012-and-2013-not-...

I cannot express how fustrated I am with this program. I am quite satisfied with all the other Autodesk software but not publisher.

I can't understand how a program like this which has a hell of a lot less features than say Inventor professional can be so sluggish with the same small assemblys that function just fine in Inventor?

I really don't think that hardware or drivers can be blamed at this point! Same problems occurring on different machines which more than meet the system requirements for this program. To boot 3 different graphics cards and various different drivers. I'd also mention as I'm sure your aware the quadro 6000 is a top of the line card.

Regards

Michael Shelley

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

More Information

After I posted my original comments I continued to work on publisher to see if I could get any improvments at all. Here is what I found.

1. I have to shrinkwrap almost every single component in inventor to simplify geometry to the absolute minimum you require. I gained some good preformance here.

2. Only using one screen instead of two seems to help a little also.

But still not the preformance you would expect on these small publisher files.(14mb)

Also auto annotate still does not work. I have noticed that it works if I for example make a new publisher file for just a bolt and nut(very simple assembly).

Would love to get feed back from you guys on this?

I will keep updating this post if I find anything else!

Michael Shelley

Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Would still like to get some feedback on this?

Michael

Message 4 of 4
amhunt
in reply to: michael.shelley

Hi Michael,

Thanks for giving this feedback. The problems you've brought up are great for our development team to help improve Publisher in the future.

FIrst off, good job using shrink wrap. This can help compress the file to make Publisher run more quickly. The next launch for Publisher should speed up these processes. Auto-annotate is also being looked at in the upcoming update for improvement. Again, this is good feedback for our development team.

Good luck and feel free to post with any additional feedback/questions!

Andy

Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report