Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to update components

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
VictorBDEngineer
601 Views, 4 Replies

Failure to update components

I have just changed some components in an assembly. I tried to update a Publisher file which has the assembly in it. The update fails with a dialog "Update - Failed to open: <file.iam>".

Any ideas

I have Inventor 2012 sp2 and Publisher 2012 sp2.

I have a zip file of the files in question but it is too large to attach but could be emailed.

Regards

Victor Pringle

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

This problem is preventing me from completing my project. Any help would be appreciated. I do not know how to get around it.

Regards

Victor

Message 3 of 5
rich-s
in reply to: VictorBDEngineer

I'm having a similar issue. I had to move some of my part files from one folder to another. I opened the assembly in Inventor to make sure all the files were found. I had no issues so I saved the file which should have saved the updated file paths. When I go into Publisher and select Update Components I get an error message that says "failed to load assembly due to the problem with child files." Then it lists all the part files that I moved and there previous locations. I would have thought that if I updated the file in Inventor, Publisher wouldn't have any issues. See attached image for the error message. Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this? I'm mid way thru a storyboard and I would hate to have to start over.

Message 4 of 5
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: rich-s

Hi Rich -

I've had our team look into this, and we have been unable to reproduce the problem thus far. If you're willing to share your CAD data, and the IPB file you're working with I'd be more than happy to have our development team take a look at it to see where the issue is for you.

You can email me directly at timera.hart@autodesk.com.

Thanks,

Timera Hart

Autodesk

Message 5 of 5
rich-s
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

Timera,

I was able to get everything working again but closing both Inventor & Publisher. I then opened assembly in Inventor and resaved the file again. I then opened my publication in Publisher and everything displayed correctly. I did not have to tell it to Check File Status.

Rich

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report