Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to Publish to Vector - unknown error

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
robert.ruhe
1212 Views, 6 Replies

Failed to Publish to Vector - unknown error

This is what I get when I try to publish to enhanced vector - then the application locks and I have to force it to close and then restart. What is going on? This is getting frustrating. The last few times this corrupted my inventor publisher file which renders it useless  - and renders all the time I took to  create it  as wasted. Is there a fix for this? I'm on 2013 SP1. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your post. Just a couple clarifying questions here:

1. Are you leveraging Inventor data, or another type of CAD data?

2. How big of assemblies are you working with in Publisher?

We would be more than happy to help you through this, if you're willing/able to provide the dataset (or a comparable sample). You can reach me directly at timera.hart@autodesk.com.

Thanks,

Timera

Autodesk

Message 3 of 7
robert.ruhe
in reply to: robert.ruhe

I'm using an Inventor model that is 121 KB in size. When I get the error, the application locks and I have to force it to close through Windows task manager. This is extremely frustrating and really - the reason I haven't replied sooner is because I've gotten to the point where the Publisher software is so frustrating that I've stopped using it. I've been doing everything in Inventor lately. But we've invested so much money into this that I simply have to find a way to get back into Publisher.  I'm finding the software's response time - even with the level of detail set down - to be extremely slow. The software seems very buggy and I end up waiting for ever for results - or I run into an error that crashes the whole works. Very, very frustrated.

Message 4 of 7
peggy.wang

Hello robert.ruhe ,

There are some suggestions may resolve your problem, could you please have a try?

1, Upgrade your publisher to Publisher 2013 SP3.

2, It really takes some time to publish to vector when taking the enhanced options, please wait for a long time. mostly, 30-60s will finished, but sometimes, it takes 2hrs if the model is really big.

3, if you still have problem, would you mind send your model and IPB file to me? i will test it and find wheter it is model special issue.

My email is wang.ping@autodesk.com, please send me an email, and i will reply you a secure ftp server to upload the dataset, and those dataset won't be used for other ways except for debugging the vector output issue.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 7
peggy.wang
in reply to: peggy.wang

Another question, which os are you working on? Win 7 32bit or 64bit?

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 7
robert.ruhe

I am using Windows 7 Professional. I updated Inventor Publisher 64b to SP3 the day it was released. I am using a Hewlett-Packard Z800 workstation. This system has 32 GB of memory and has 12 cores - using 2 Zeon processors @ 2.40 Hhz (6 cores each).  The primary hard drive has 500 GB and the secondary hard drive is 1 TB. It also has an Nvidia Quadro 2000 graphics card. This computer is a beast and shouldn't have any issues running Inventor Publisher.

But Publisher is notoriously slow on this CPU. Your advice to wait for the vector processing to complete is well taken - but the problem is that I invariably get the "unknown error" that publisher failed to publish to vector. The program then becomes unresponsive to any input and I have to force it to shut down via the Task Manager.

I also use Autodesk Inventor itself for creating graphics - and never have an issue with that software. It runs quickly and I don't have any crashes or errors. I've tried uninstalling Publisher and installing it again - and this problem continues.

I can send the data I'm working with but I'm quite frustrated that the software tells me there's an unknown error - shouldn't this be something documented? I know many other users have remarked about how slow Publisher works - this seems to be a big problem. I have a gread need for the features and benefits of this product, but it simply doesn't work the way I expect it to. It's becoming a liability rather than an asset.  I will gather the information and forward it. But does that mean you want me to package the entire Inventor assembly file for the model with all of its parts along with the Publisher file?

After spending over $1200 on this software, I hope you appreciate my frustration. I expect this software to work properly without the long delays and errors, and I also expect it to be able to handle any type of model I throw at it. Why are there so many issues and limitations?

Message 7 of 7
peggy.wang

I fully understandin your feelings, it takes your $1200, and take you much time to create the model, create the IPB file, but finally get unknown error when publish to vector, it should give out the specific error reports, such as model problem, or annotation problem etc. I am very sorry that you get this dialog, it really happens sometimes. However, we need solve this problem.

Mostly, Publisher will get unknown error that exceed the exceptions of what Publisher already know. In your case, it more seems a model special problem. Could you give me a screen what you have in this ipb file? for example, the annotations(what kind of annoation, the font and other kind of styles), the different views etc

It would be better to send your data to me, and Dev team will debug it and find the real reason. It is the most quickly method to solve this problem.  Thank you for letting me know your further requirement. My email is wang.ping@autodesk.com.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report