Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to Load File - Unknown Error

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
jweiss1313
4398 Views, 25 Replies

Failed to Load File - Unknown Error

I have 8 Publisher files that have apparently gotten corrupt after updating from Inventor.  We performed the update and the update was successful.  We made some minor changes and saved these files.  When we tried to open them the following day, we get an error that says "Failed to Open File - Unknown Error.  Please help! 

Before and After datasets have been posted to Autodesk ftp site for evaluation.

John Weiss

CAD Administrator

Follett Corp

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
irene.chen
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

The previous issues were related to "Update" function. which was fixed in 2012 SP2.

Message 22 of 26
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: irene.chen

"Update" is probably most profitable command in the whole Publisher - the single option that may overwaight all disadvantages of IP (except losing data of course).

On that particular project the Update was used quite often. If the IP13 Update command is causing the fail-to-load problem than only fact worth to note - not every case of Update usage resulted in inability to open the saved file (btw, inability to open happened several times*).

We should have stopped developing IPB just after first inability (data loss) but first several problems were write off to "something wrong".

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: irene.chen

It was suddenly clarified that there is already Publisher 2014 available (Autodesk called it 2013R1).

Alas! File that failed to be opened in 2013 is failed to be opened in 2013R1 as well.

Critical bug isn't it?

Message 24 of 26
saifraza9
in reply to: jweiss1313

Hey, i m also having the same issue . I am using autodesk inventor publisher 2013 R1. I looked of the form but i dint get the solution of it. Can you help me through this?
Message 25 of 26

Hello,

Could you please email us your IPB file? We will take a look for you. Thanks.
publisher.support@autodesk.com

-Huan Yu

Message 26 of 26

Have just tried to open that stuck ipb file (created in R2013 and too secret to be sent out) with R2015.

Again got Unknown error.

Seems like InvPub have not yet lived over all "software child deseases".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report