Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Vector Publishing question

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
robert.ruhe
1428 Views, 3 Replies

Enhanced Vector Publishing question

In an effort to work around the problems I've had, I found that I can get much faster response times in Publisher if I import a DWF file instead of IAM files. But I find that I can't publish to enhanced vector when I use DWF files. My question is this:  Of the list of files that can be imported into publisher that can then be published with the enhanced vector option is there one both improves overall performance vs IAM files and that CAN be published to the enhanced vector option?  Yes I can export Publisher files using DWF as source - but it's in the "old" vector publishing format which gives unacceptable results. I'd really like to find a work around that can both speed things up for me without limiting my vector (and other) options.

Secondly - is there any chance that DWF files will someday be able to use the enhanced vector option - or is this an inherent impossibility?

I'd love to hear about any upcoming SP4 news or about new features in the future 2014 version of publisher.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
peggy.wang
in reply to: robert.ruhe

Enhanced vector output use Inventor translator to do the output, it only suport Inventor data source.

Inventor data source contain:-- Inventor files (IPT and IAM), Catia files, UG NX files(prt), solid works files, Pro/E, JT, SAT, STEP files, parasolide files etc. All above files can use Enhanced Vector output.

DWF is not a kind of inventor date source.

Could you try to import different LOD when inport Inventor files? or, you can create some substitute in the LOD files, it can short the import response time.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
robert.ruhe
in reply to: peggy.wang

Peggy,

Can you give me a way to upload a file to you for examination? My frustration with Publisher is reaching a crescendo and I am either going to fight through it or abandon the software altogether. 

My expectation is that if Inventor can create highly complex models with many parts, then Publisher should be able to work with the same models without issue. Is that unrealistic? I would love to find a solution to this unknown error in vector publishing. I have no idea if it's the model itself or the software. Our designers swear up and down that the models are problem free. But they are not looking at this from a Publisher viewpoint. So maybe they're missing something.

At the end of the day, I feel handcuffed having to tweak settings and other things in Publisher just to keep it going. The performance comparisions between Inventor and Inventor Publisher are remarkable. Inventor itself is fast, sleek, and never gets tired. Publisher behaves like a sick horse. And I've run it on three different machines. My main system is very well equipped to handle the requirements for Publisher - yet it's slow, has these unknown errors... and if you haven't figured out yet, it's making me crazy. I apologize for the rant - but I really need to find an answer to this. I am very much an Autodesk supporter - but this particular piece of software is making me lose my mind.

At the end of the day, I shouldn't have to worry about the software at all. I should be able to just focus on what I am making. But Publisher has been quite frustrating - and I want to love it. I really do. 

Message 4 of 4
peggy.wang
in reply to: robert.ruhe

Hello robert.ruhe

I need get your email to send out the invitation , then you can upload the dataset to Autodesk File transfer server. Please send an email to me wang.ping@autodesk.com

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report