Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF file 3D

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
talassi75
1384 Views, 9 Replies

DWF file 3D

Dear All,

I have installed Inventor 2011 on my PC e IPM Viewer on my iPad.

Now I have a 3D DWF available and I want to see it on my iPad: how can I do it ?

Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

The DWF file will not work on your iPad, you will need to publish a mobile file. From the Home tab > Publish panel click the drop down arrow and from the list click Mobile. You can publish it to your PC or online. To publish online you will need to create a free Autodesk account if you have not already done so.  From your iPad you can go to the App Store, search Autodesk and from the Autodesk site install the free Publisher viewer.

Dan

Message 3 of 10

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

But I use only INVENTOR 2011: I saved my 3D work in DWF. Now I can open it only by Design Review.

How can I see my 3D DWF on my iPad without the Inventor Publisher desktop software ?

I have the App Inventor Publisher for iPad but I don't know how to put my jobs on it without the desktop software.

With regards,

Stefano

Message 4 of 10

Hi Stefano,

In the app store if you read the description of the Inventor Publisher Mobile Viewer you will notice this information: Autodesk Inventor Publisher Mobile Viewer allows you to interactively view animated 3D assembly instructions created with Autodesk Inventor Publisher desktop software.

This app is NOT a common Autodesk application that will let you view many Autodesk product formats. This viewer is exclusive to the Publisher desktop software. You can try the trial version of the software here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?id=14640987&siteID=123112

Thanks,
-Raj (Autodesk)
Message 5 of 10

Thanks, I know Inventor Publisher: you confirm me what I thought.

But up to now there is no other way to see my 3D DWF files on iPad that:

- purchase Inventor Publisher Desktop

- create DWF 3D file

- upload to iPad by the App.

Is it true ?

Are you thinking about a simple vievwer for 3D files on iPad ? For example integrated with Autocad WS ?

Thanks for your support.

Stefano

Message 6 of 10

Hi Stefano,

I assume you are asking if there is a DWF viewer app for iPad. Short answer is no. Inventor Publisher is not a substitute software to do this either. Publisher is essentially a software that helps you create documentation, assembly instructions, repair manuals ,marketing materials etc. Within  Publisher:

1. Import an Inventor/DWF file (or other supported format)
  2. Create a  series of steps to form a manual, marketing material etc
  3. Export this to image/video/dwf/pdf/word/ etc
  4. One such export format is mobile
  5. The steps that you create in Publisher will be exported as an interactive video to mobile (ipad, iphone, android phones etc.)

Hope this answered your question.

Thanks,
-Raj (Autodesk)
Message 7 of 10

You know, the use of Inventor Publisher on iPad with 3D files is amazing ! It is really fantastic.

For this reason we need a viewer for 3D on iPad coming from Autodsk as soon as possible.

(The next version of Autocad WS ?)

With my best regards

Message 8 of 10

I tried today the trial version of Inventor Publisher 2012 for Win 7 64 bit. I imported a DWF file from Inventor 2011 and without doing nothing I published it on Mobile in order to convert the DWF file into IPM file. I checked on the desktop that the file was well imported by Manage Mobile menu. The files are on the Autodesk servers. Then I use the IPM App on my iPad 2 , check Download button and the result was " we can not download because the file exceed the device capacity".
Ok my original DWF file is of 64 Mb size but what's going wrong now ?
Please help me.

Regards
Stefano
Message 9 of 10
talassi75
in reply to: talassi75

I tried again to publish with the trial version only the Storyboard of the IPM but again the iPad can not read the file with the IPM Viewer. Is it a problem of the Inventor Publisher trial version ?

Thanks for your reply.

Stefano
Message 10 of 10

Hi Stefano,

The reason you see this is message is that the output file exceeds the allowed capacity. There is a detail thread already on this:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Publisher/Unable-to-load-file-exceeds-device-capacit...

With all the feedback we are actively looking at what needs to be done to take advantage of the new updated hardware that has come out since the app has launched.

Is there a way you can send me your IPB file to rajkumar.ilanchelian@autodesk.com? I would like to take a look and this will add to our suite of tests in the event we make changes to the mobile publish.

Thanks,
-Raj (Autodesk)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report