Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone actually use this in the real world?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
coreyparks
646 Views, 2 Replies

Does anyone actually use this in the real world?

This software definitely has potential but there seems to be many holes that really need to be plugged.  Very little of the items that got me to look into its use seem to actually work.  From being difficult to navigate, to not being able to publish documents in all of the different formats correctly to not even being able to sort a partslist by item number.  The android mobile app is a huge selling point for us but I can't get anything to publish either to the cloud or locally.  If I could get it to publish locally I am still a slave to the cloud.  I am currently working on getting approval to place data there which with past history is a slim chance at best.  Can't even find a way to open a file locally with IPMV.  The rearanging my snapshots on image exports is not exactly awsome.  I thought maybe DWF might work but all my callouts go away with that unless i publish one snapshot at a time.  There apears no way to batch them out as seperate DWF files.  PDF and Word seem like my best options but I need to spend some major time figuring out the templates to get the format looking like something usable.  Don't have acrobat Pro though so it looks like Word it is, if I ever find time to figure that out.  One last thing, is there a template file for this thing somewhere?  I get a little tired of setting up styles and standards in every file, I assume no standards library exists like in Inventor.  Also if there is, how do I use it from a network location so all users always have the most up to date template?  There being no application options to set anything up. 

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bowen192
in reply to: coreyparks

@coreyparks wrote:

This software definitely has potential but there seems to be many holes that really need to be plugged.  Very little of the items that got me to look into its use seem to actually work.  From being difficult to navigate, to not being able to publish documents in all of the different formats correctly to not even being able to sort a partslist by item number.  The android mobile app is a huge selling point for us but I can't get anything to publish either to the cloud or locally.  If I could get it to publish locally I am still a slave to the cloud.  I am currently working on getting approval to place data there which with past history is a slim chance at best.  Can't even find a way to open a file locally with IPMV.  The rearanging my snapshots on image exports is not exactly awsome.  I thought maybe DWF might work but all my callouts go away with that unless i publish one snapshot at a time.  There apears no way to batch them out as seperate DWF files.  PDF and Word seem like my best options but I need to spend some major time figuring out the templates to get the format looking like something usable.  Don't have acrobat Pro though so it looks like Word it is, if I ever find time to figure that out.  One last thing, is there a template file for this thing somewhere?  I get a little tired of setting up styles and standards in every file, I assume no standards library exists like in Inventor.  Also if there is, how do I use it from a network location so all users always have the most up to date template?  There being no application options to set anything up. 

Sorry, but no answers from me. Just highlighting that it is just plain odd that Autodesk refuse to put this feature in to Publisher.
Message 3 of 3
peggy.wang
in reply to: coreyparks

Hello Corey,

Thank you for your posting in the Newsgroup, and I am appreciating your comments about Publisher. And thank you again for you are using Publisher. I have logged your suggestions to our internal tracking system one by one.

Publisher to DWF : Nov-10276 and Nov-10268

Sort partlist suggestion: Nov-10274

Create and share PDF and Word templates: Nov-10275

Thank you.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report