Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do both INV assyt and children both need to be in the same location for Updates

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jweiss1313
679 Views, 3 Replies

Do both INV assyt and children both need to be in the same location for Updates

Is it just the parent assembly (.iam) that needs to be in the same location for updates, or do the children (.ipt) need to be in the same location too?  I want to make sure I set things up correctly before we start using this great tool.

Thanks

John Weiss

CAD Administrator

Follett Corporation

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
saketsatta
in reply to: jweiss1313

Hi John,

The children (.ipt) files need to be in the same location too for the update to work correctly.

Regards,

Saket Satta

Inventor Publisher Development

Message 3 of 4
jweiss1313
in reply to: saketsatta

Thank you Saket for the clarification.  Will Vault 2012 have Publisher Integration?  Will future releases of Publisher have the capability to update files that have been moved to a different location?

Here's why I ask.  I have a multiple user environment and we currently use a third party data management tool.  We will probably be creating many publisher files in a location that works for our current data management solution.  We are planning a possible change to Autodesk Vault next year which will probably cause us to move or change our workareas to work with Vault.  Will all our Publisher files not be able to be updated?

This is a very important consider for me as I set up a procedure for using Publisher with our current data management solution.

Thanks.

John Weiss

CAD Administrator

Follett Corporation

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 4 of 4
saketsatta
in reply to: jweiss1313

Hi John,

We cant comment publicly on functionality planned for future releases. Instead we would like to contact you directly to clarify your requirements. Sam has your details from another inquiry you made and will be in touch.

Regards,

Saket

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report