Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discoloration of parts

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ktsov
428 Views, 3 Replies

Discoloration of parts

Dear Autodesk,

I finally got a Publisher license and eagerly started making material. The first day I tried a specifice model, that hasn't been updated in Inventor since, and experience no problems. The second day a Quadro K2200 graphics card was installed because the onboard Intel graphics wasn't sufficient enough. To my disliking, the performance with the quadro isn't that much better. Apart from the performance, I have discoloration problems with the model I've made the first day. Even making this model again result in the same discoloration. What I'm doing is making a structured assembly red by using the Material menu. After turning the model a few times, somehow the red turns into white. Sometimes when I select the assembly and click on Material, the color is red, and sometimes its pink, altough the assembly looks white. When I use the Appereance picker to pick a color, the color turns out pink in the color palette.

To me this looks like a bug. I don't think the change to a Quadro card should result in this error. Offcourse I tried multiple of the latest Quadro drivers and different (profile) settings. The graphical representation of the model is different with the Quadro, like (annoying) reflection.

Edit: I also have to mention that changing the color from pink to red doesn't work. Afterwards the color is still pink.

I hope someone can help me solve this problem.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
na.miao
in reply to: ktsov

Hi, 

Could you share the file with me? we will do more investigation for this issue. My e-mail is Na.Miao AT autodesk.com.

Thank you 

Na Miao(Autodesk)
Inventor Publisher QA
Message 3 of 4
ktsov
in reply to: na.miao

Hi Na Miao,

I'm not allowed to send models with our product. Company policy.

However I found out how to get rid of the discoloration. The problem dissapears when I choose "Paint > Matte" in the Material menu.When I afterwards choose for glossy paint, the discoloration reappears.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
na.miao
in reply to: ktsov

Hi , 

I still can't reproduce it with your step. can you reproduce it using any files or just this file?

Thank you 

Na Miao(Autodesk)
Inventor Publisher QA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report