Inventor Publisher

*Expert Elite*
mthomas
Message 1 of 3 (332 Views)
Accepted Solution

Detail Views & Callouts?

332 Views, 2 Replies
02-18-2011 11:47 AM

Is there any way to add callouts (balloons) to components shown in a detail view?

Mike

Mike Thomas

There are two ways to accomplish this:

1.  Simply make the callout point "to space" and not be locked onto the part.  Unfortunately, then you cannot use the properties of the part for the callout text.

2. Double-click on the detail view to "go into it".  Then add the callout in there.  The restriction here is the detail view perimeter ... the callout text box/circle cannot go outside the detail view area.

Board Manager
Jon.Balgley
Message 2 of 3 (330 Views)

Re: Detail Views & Callouts?

02-18-2011 12:17 PM in reply to: mthomas

There are two ways to accomplish this:

1.  Simply make the callout point "to space" and not be locked onto the part.  Unfortunately, then you cannot use the properties of the part for the callout text.

2. Double-click on the detail view to "go into it".  Then add the callout in there.  The restriction here is the detail view perimeter ... the callout text box/circle cannot go outside the detail view area.

Jon Balgley
Autodesk Configurator 360 / Inventor ETO team
Autodesk, Inc.

*Expert Elite*
mthomas
Message 3 of 3 (326 Views)

Re: Detail Views & Callouts?

02-18-2011 12:41 PM in reply to: mthomas

I see the double-click option now and yes that kind-of works. I see the limitation with the detail view boundary.

Thanks for the quick reply, i'll have to work with this for now

Mike

Mike Thomas

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.