Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt mobile uploads?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
kwilson_design
737 Views, 7 Replies

Corrupt mobile uploads?

I am trying to upload some publisher files to the cloud. Using 'Save to mobile' in Publisher I noticed the upload status bar on the lower left goes from 0%, then shows 60% and hangs a few, then I get the prompt that the upload is complete.

However no matter how small or simple I make a test publisher file I cannot seem to download the file on my ipad from the cloud. It just hangs up at the downloading progress bar.

Anyone else having issues downloading their files from the 360 cloud?

Regards,
Kenny
If this post solved your issue please mark "Accept as Solution". It helps everyone...really!
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Is there someone at ADSK who will look into these files? If you give me your ADSK email I can allow you to download the files from the 360 cloud. We want to  use this for business but we need to models to work off the Publisher Mobile app. Right now they are not so I wantsure see if it's something with my Oublisher install locally or an issue with the uploading to the cloud . I need some ADSK feedback though.

Regards,
Kenny
If this post solved your issue please mark "Accept as Solution". It helps everyone...really!
Message 3 of 8
irene.chen
in reply to: kwilson_design

Hi,  do you mind to give us more detail information below about this issue? 

1) The Publisher Version

2) The file and the workflow you worked to reproduce this issue?

Irene Chen (Irene.Chen@autodesk.com)

Publisher QA

Message 4 of 8
kwilson_design
in reply to: irene.chen

Irene,

I am using Publisher 2013 SP2.

I create my Publisher document, then I click 'publish to mobile' to send to A360, shortly after I receive the 'publish to mobile completed' prompt.

However once I use our ipads or iphones to view the model via IPMV the models show up on the list but they will not download or we get a 'failed to download' message.

So basically we can't use the mobile feature which was the selling point for us :(. What is strange is that I sent a smaller file from publisher to A360 and it worked fine.

I added your email as an invite on my A360 account so that you can download the file.

Regards,
Kenny
Message 5 of 8
mikeh7

My publish to online doesn't work either and I'm also on 2013 SP2.  What I have to do is publish local then upload to A360.  Since things switched to A360 mobile, ours hasn't worked right.  I just assumed that 2013 was hard coded for the old IPM repository on the web vs the A360 site.

Message 6 of 8
kwilson_design
in reply to: mikeh7

Glad to hear I'm not alone. Funny you mention the old repository as that reminds me of something. When I go to my IPMV I still see some of the legacy files but when I go to the A360 site they aren't there. so I have no way or deleting those online AFAIK. I know it's not related but it reminded me of an issue. 

I've been saving these files locally first. I had success uploading a file the other day for whatever reason. However none of the bitmaps on my models uploaded 😞 

Regards,
Kenny
Message 7 of 8
irene.chen

Hi,

When you do "Publisher to Mobile" in Inventor Publisher and get the publish complete message, it means publisher has done its work for publishing, however, whether it can be viewed in IMPV or not depends on A360 web site,  if it can't be viewed in A360, you will not be able to download in IPMV.

Irene Chen

Inventor Publisher QA

Message 8 of 8
irene.chen

Hi

Before Inventor Publisher 2013 SP2, for example, 2013 RTM SP1, 2013 RTM, etc. we get the file version with ipm type when publish to mobile, in SP2, we switch to INSTRUCTION file and all legacy ipm files go to Legacy folder in IPMV, If you want to have it shown in your main list and viewed in A360, you can do the migration in Inventor Publisher 2013 SP2.

Thanks

Irene Chen

Inventor Publisher QA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report