Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMYK in Inventor Publisher

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
GiselaSvensson
861 Views, 5 Replies

CMYK in Inventor Publisher

Greetings!

Erlier I posted a question how to adjust the color on you model using either RGB or CMYK.

I got an answer that worked with RBG values.

Now I'm in the same position only this time I can't use RGB because my document is supposed to be printed. Therefore I need the color values in CMYK. Is this even possible? How can I solve this problem?

I hoped that I could use the old .ipb document and change the colors from RGB to CMYK to save time.

Best regards,

Gisela Svensson

Technical communicator

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
igrau
in reply to: GiselaSvensson

Hi did you get any answer on this, I am needing the same in CMYK and also vector not pixel - print company wants everything drawn in illustrator, that totaly kills the value of modeling in Inventor, am presuming there must be a way to convert automatically.  Thanks in advance.

Message 3 of 6
GiselaSvensson
in reply to: igrau

I did not get the answer for this problem. I understood after some time that Publisher is not a good tool to use for printed illustrations. Even though you can publish the snapshots as vector and work with it in illustrator I find it much better to convert the CAD-data to a .stp-file and then work with it in ISOdraw and illustrator. This method is a bit more expensive but when I could show my customer the difference in quality there were no more discussion.

As for CMYK, I didn't find out how to solve that so I manually changed the colors in illustrator when I made the final touch-ups on my illustrations. 

I still work with Publisher sometimes but I believe that Publisher is the forgotten child of Autodesk 😞

Kind regards,

Gisela Svensson

Technical Communicator

Message 4 of 6

Hello,

At this point, Inventor Publisher only supports RGB.

Inventor supports both RGB and HSL.

Does HSL work for you?

Thanks,

-Huan

Message 5 of 6
igrau
in reply to: Huan.Yu_Autodesk

Hi Huan,

Thanks a bunch for the response

Unfortunately it does not, their expectation is very limited cmyk with vectors not rgb with pixels. We found a crude expensive solution via pro engineer export 😞

Hoping very much for a native solution in inventor one day 😉
Message 6 of 6
Huan.Yu_Autodesk
in reply to: igrau

Thanks for the additional info.

Your requirement is well noted.

-Huan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report