Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing multiple colours/materials

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bowen192
728 Views, 3 Replies

Changing multiple colours/materials

Hello,

Is there a way of changing a single colour on multiple surfaces?

For example, if a model has 25 different colours and I want to change all instances of blue to purple, can I do this in one go?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
amhunt
in reply to: bowen192

Hi Richard,

First of all, thanks for the question! Being able to change material and color within Publisher is a great tool to have.

To change the color of multiple parts, you can select them using the Shift key. You can then right click on one of the objects you've selected (while still holding the shift key) and select "Material." The color wheel and Material editor bar should appear. This is the fastest way to change the color of multiple components at once. I've attached a picture of multiple parts selected and the color wheel that appears after selecting the "Material" option.

Thank you for using Publisher and feel free to post with any additional questions!

Andy

Autodesk

Message 3 of 4
bowen192
in reply to: amhunt

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, but that is not what I meant.

Our models have thousands of components.  I want to change everything that is currently coloured red to the colour blue.

If I were to select each component that needs shading it would take too long.  And that's asuming that Publisher would't crash half-way through. Which it would.

Message 4 of 4
amhunt
in reply to: bowen192

Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately, such a tool does not exist in Publisher to select components based on their color. If you organize the parts by color in the folders (Blue parts folder, Red parts folder) then you could easily select that folder within the document to change sll of the parts of that color. 

We hope this helps, and we'll certainly take this feedback to our development team.

Thanks,

Andy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report